Genomes and Genes
Cleveland Clinic Foundation
Organization: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Hand surgery volume and the US economy: is there a statistical correlation?Chad R Gordon
Department of Plastic, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Ann Plast Surg 65:471-4. 2010..Therefore, in light of the current recession, our objective was to study our institution's hand surgery volume over the last 17 years in relation to the nation's economy...
- Development and testing of the Survey of Illness Beliefs in Heart Failure toolNancy M Albert
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Prog Cardiovasc Nurs 22:63-71. 2007..008 and .02, respectively). The reliability and validity of the tool is sufficient to support its use in clinical research...
- A simple solution for complicated pleural effusionsSudish C Murthy
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Thorac Oncol 1:697-700. 2006..In this study, we review the safety, efficacy, and durability of PleurX catheters (Denver Biomedical, Golden, CO) for managing complicated pleural effusions and describe a patient population who might benefit...
- Ameliorating and exacerbating: surgical "prosthesis" in addictionPaul J Ford
Department of Bioethics, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH44195, USA
Am J Bioeth 7:32-4. 2007
- Differentiating bipolar disorder from depression in primary careDavid J Muzina
Bipolar Disorders Research Unit, Department of Psychiatry and Psychology, Cleveland Clinic, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 74:89, 92, 95-9 passim. 2007..Greater diagnostic accuracy is needed...
- Are Marfan syndrome and marfanoid patients distinguishable on long-term follow-up?Lars G Svensson
Center for Aortic Surgery, Marfan Syndrome, and Connective Tissue Disorders Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 83:1067-74. 2007..It is unclear whether late outcome differs for Marfan syndrome and marfanoid patients. Thus, we compared characteristics of Marfan versus marfanoid patients and their survival and requirement for reoperation...
- Quality of life after surgery for genital prolapse in elderly women: obliterative and reconstructive surgeryMatthew D Barber
Section of Urogynecology and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Ave, Desk A81, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 18:799-806. 2007..In appropriately selected elderly women, both obliterative and reconstructive vaginal surgery for advanced pelvic organ prolapse significantly improved health-related quality of life...
- Indications and results with cryoplasty in the treatment of infrainguinal arterial occlusive diseaseSean P Lyden
Department of Vascular Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195
Vascular 14:290-6. 2006..Cryoplasty appears to be promising to treat critical limb ischemia in patients with tibial disease...
- Abductor length alterations in hips with SCFE deformityRyan C Goodwin
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 454:163-8. 2007..The femoral neck base osteotomy restored the hip abductor relationship better than an osteotomy performed below the greater trochanter. We did not address the question of whether this improved relationship directly influenced function...
- Contrast enhancement of coronary atherosclerotic plaque: a high-resolution, multidetector-row computed tomography study of pressure-perfused, human ex-vivo coronary arteriesSandra S Halliburton
Section of Cardiovascular Imaging, Division of Radiology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Coron Artery Dis 17:553-60. 2006..The objective of this study was to investigate the effect of contrast injection on atherosclerotic coronary plaque attenuation measured using multidetector-row computed tomography...
- Catheter ablation of ventricular fibrillation storm in patients with infiltrative amyloidosis of the heartHanka Mlcochova
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 17:426-30. 2006..Electrophysiological testing was performed and the sites of earliest activation were localized within the left ventricle in the absence of significant scar tissue. After ablation, PVCs subsided and there were no further VF recurrences...
- Natalizumab plus interferon beta-1a for relapsing multiple sclerosisRichard A Rudick
Mellen Center for Multiple Sclerosis Treatment and Research, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
N Engl J Med 354:911-23. 2006..Despite interferon beta therapy, many patients have relapses. Natalizumab, an alpha4 integrin antagonist, appeared to be safe and effective alone and when added to interferon beta-1a in preliminary studies...
- Characterization of coronary atherosclerotic plaques by multidetector computed tomographyPatricia M Carrascosa
CT and Nuclear Medicine Departments, Diagnóstico Maipú, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Am J Cardiol 97:598-602. 2006..In conclusion, our data indicate that MDCT can provide important information concerning the composition of atherosclerotic plaques in addition to detecting luminal obstruction...
- Coronary heart disease in patients with chronic kidney diseaseVincent W Dennis
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, Desk A51, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:S103-6. 2005
- Patient-provider e-mail communication as an adjunctive tool in addiction medicineGregory B Collins
Alcohol and Drug Recovery Center, Department of Psychiatry and Psychology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Addict Dis 26:45-52. 2007..We present our experience using this modality as a series of illustrative case reports and a discussion of the implications of using electronic mail with patients in addiction medicine...
- Clinical perspectives on bone quality in osteoporosis: effects of drug therapyAngelo A Licata
Department of Endocrinology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Drugs Aging 24:529-35. 2007..It discusses the historical paradoxes found in clinical practice that have led to this notion, identifies the major areas of bone physiology circumscribed by the concept and focuses on present therapies and their effects on bone quality...
- Utility of sirolimus-eluting Cypher stents to reduce 12-month target vessel revascularization in saphenous vein graft stenoses: results of a multicenter 350-patient case-control studyStephen G Ellis
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 19:404-9. 2007..We sought to ascertain and compare 12-month target vessel revascularization (TVR) rates for sirolimus-eluting Cyphertrade mark stents and bare-metal stents (BMS) when utilized to treat stenoses in diseased SVGs...
- Pharmacologic effects on mitochondrial functionBruce H Cohen
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Dev Disabil Res Rev 16:189-99. 2010..It is hoped that preclinical pharmacogenetic and functional studies of mitochondrial toxicity, along with personalized genomic medicine, will improve both our understanding of mitochondrial drug toxicity and patient safety...
- Risk of colorectal adenoma and carcinoma after colectomy for colorectal cancer in patients meeting Amsterdam criteriaMatthew F Kalady
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Digestive Disease Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Ann Surg 252:507-11; discussion 511-3. 2010..To report the risk of metachronous colorectal neoplasia after colectomy for cancer in Hereditary Nonpolyposis Colorectal Cancer (HNPCC) syndrome...
- Dexmedetomidine supplemented with local anesthesia for awake laryngoplastyBasem Abdelmalak
Departments of General Anesthesiology and Outcomes Research, Anesthesiology Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Clin Anesth 21:442-3. 2009..Dexmedetomidine as a single agent for sedation and anxiolysis for awake laryngoplasty in a patient with unilateral vocal fold paralysis is presented...
- Advance care planning: Beyond the living willBarbara J Messinger-Rapport
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 76:276-85. 2009..The durable power of attorney for health care is a more versatile document. We advocate focusing less on "signing away" certain interventions and more on clarifying the goals of care in the ambulatory setting...
- Anticytokine therapy in non-rheumatoid arthritis indications in 2009Alexandra Villa-Forte
Center for Vasculitis Care and Research, Orthopedic and Rheumatologic Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Curr Opin Rheumatol 21:251-5. 2009..To review the current uses of antitumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha) therapies for non-rheumatoid arthritis inflammatory joint diseases. Emphasis is given to important questions regarding long-term use of anti-TNFalpha therapies...
- Endovascular management of chronic infrarenal aortic occlusionMireille A Moise
Department of Vascular Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Endovasc Ther 16:84-92. 2009..To review our experience with the endovascular treatment of chronic infrarenal aortic occlusion with regard to technical success and midterm patency, as well as perioperative mortality and morbidity...
- A physiological function for apolipoprotein(a): a natural regulator of the inflammatory responseJane Hoover-Plow
Department of Molecular Cardiology, NB50, Cleveland Clinic Lerner Research Institute, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 234:28-34. 2009..Hence, apo(a) may function as a cell specific suppressor of the inflammatory response...
- Does location of the second internal thoracic artery graft influence outcome of coronary artery bypass grafting?Joseph F Sabik
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue Desk F24, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Circulation 118:S210-5. 2008....
- Clinical and biological effects of neoadjuvant sargramostim and thalidomide in patients with locally advanced prostate carcinomaJorge A Garcia
Department of Solid Tumor Oncology, Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:3052-9. 2008..This study assessed the biological effects and safety of GM-CSF and thalidomide in patients with localized prostate cancer before radical prostatectomy...
- Complete bronchial stricture and airway management challengesTaha Z Shipchandler
Cleveland Clinic, Head and Neck Institute, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Am J Otolaryngol 29:195-7. 2008..The purpose of this report is to demonstrate a unique case of severe bronchial stricture and discuss the associated diagnostic and airway management challenges...
- Minimally invasive surgery with a partial sternotomy "J" approachLars G Svensson
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 19:299-303. 2007..Similar results have been obtained for aortic valve procedures. Thus, all patients undergoing isolated aortic or mitral valve repairs are offered a minimally invasive operation...
- Targeted therapy for uveal melanomaPierre L Triozzi
Taussig Cancer Center, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, United States
Cancer Treat Rev 34:247-58. 2008..Clinical trials of some of these approaches have been initiated in patients with metastatic uveal melanoma as well as in the adjuvant setting after primary therapy...
- Evaluation and management of complete vaginal eversion after retropubic urethropexyMark Walters
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 18:1391-3. 2007
- Small cell lung carcinoma invading the pulmonary vein and left atrium as imaged by PET/CTVincent Chan
Department of Molecular and Functional Imaging, The Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 32:1493. 2005
- Should the target for blood pressure control specify both a systolic and a diastolic component?Christopher J Hebert
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Mail Drop S70, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Curr Hypertens Rep 7:360-2. 2005..This recommendation is evidence based, easy to understand, and achievable. Its rationale is discussed...
- Con: cerebrospinal fluid drainage does not protect the spinal cord during thoracoabdominal aortic reconstruction surgeryLee Wallace
Department of Cardiothoracic Anesthesia, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 16:650-2. 2002
- Outcomes at 6 months for the direct comparison of tirofiban and abciximab during percutaneous coronary revascularisation with stent placement: the TARGET follow-up studyDavid J Moliterno
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine and C5 Cleveland Clinic Cardiovascular Coordinating Center, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Lancet 360:355-60. 2002....
- Detection of a novel point mutation of the prothrombin gene at position 20209Ilka Warshawsky
Department of Clinical Pathology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
Diagn Mol Pathol 11:152-6. 2002....
- Venous pressure monitoring does not accurately predict access failure in childrenDeepa H Chand
Division of Pediatric Nephrology and Hypertension, A 120, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 17:765-9. 2002..3229). Dynamic venous pressure monitoring is not an adequate predictor of access thrombosis in pediatric patients...
- Sphingosylphosphorylcholine and lysophosphatidylcholine: G protein-coupled receptors and receptor-mediated signal transductionYan Xu
Department of Cancer Biology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1582:81-8. 2002..The signaling and ligand-binding properties of these receptors are reviewed here. These discoveries provide an intriguing opportunity and a novel approach in studying the pathophysiological roles of SPC and LPC and their receptors...
- Hemodynamic stability during 17 years of the Carpentier-Edwards aortic pericardial bioprosthesisMichael K Banbury
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 73:1460-5. 2002..To anticipate the fate of this bioprosthesis, we examined its hemodynamic performance up to 17 years using echocardiographic studies in a Premarket Approval cohort...
- The use of the harmonic scalpel vs conventional knot tying for vessel ligation in thyroid surgeryAllan E Siperstein
Department of General Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Ave, Desk A80, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Arch Surg 137:137-42. 2002..We hypothesized that the use of the harmonic scalpel could lead to a significant reduction in operative time as compared with knot tying in thyroid surgery...
- The possible role of Helicobacter pylori in GERDG W Falk
Department of Gastroenterology, Center for Swallowing and Esophageal Disorders, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Semin Gastrointest Dis 12:186-95. 2001..pylori. This article puts into perspective our current understanding of the complex, incompletely understood relationship between H. pylori infection and GERD...
- Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor induces ERK5 activation, which is differentially regulated by protein-tyrosine kinases and protein kinase C. Regulation of cell proliferation and survivalF Dong
Department of Immunology, Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Biol Chem 276:10811-6. 2001..Together, these data implicate Erk5 as an important signaling component in the biological actions of G-CSF...
- Modulation of the IL-10/IL-12 cytokine circuit by interferon-beta inhibits the development of epitope spreading and disease progression in murine autoimmune encephalomyelitisV K Tuohy
Department of Immunology, Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, 44195, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Neuroimmunol 111:55-63. 2000..This skewed autoreactivity establishes an inflammatory microenvironment that effectively prevents endogenous self-priming thereby inhibiting the progression of disease associated with epitope spreading...
- Long-term outcomes excellent for atrial septal defect repair in adultsD S Moodie
Division of Pediatrics, Cleveland Clinic, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 67:591-7. 2000..We discuss our observations on use of transesophageal echocardiography, indications for cardiac catheterization, and continuing questions about atrial septal defect in adults...
- An effective and more convenient drug regimen for prophylaxis against paclitaxel-associated hypersensitivity reactionsM Markman
Department of Hematology Medical Oncology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 125:427-9. 1999..improve patient convenience and compliance with steroid delivery, the Gynecologic Cancer Program of the Cleveland Clinic Foundation has treated patients with an all-intravenous prophylaxis regimen (diphenhydramine 50 mg, famotidine 20 ..
- The hospitalist: will inpatient specialists improve care?F Michota
Department of General Internal Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 65:297-300. 1998..Challenges to hospitalists include minimizing the use of consultations and unnecessary laboratory tests for inpatient care, and ensuring continuity of care once patients leave the hospital...
- Scientific and therapeutic advances in antiplatelet therapyDeepak L Bhatt
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine Desk F25, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Nat Rev Drug Discov 2:15-28. 2003..New insights at the cellular and genomic levels will probably generate novel drugs to inhibit platelet function more effectively and safely than previously possible...
- Use of melphalan, thalidomide, and dexamethasone in treatment of refractory and relapsed multiple myelomaGordan Srkalovic
Multiple Myeloma Research Program, Taussig Cancer Center, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Med Oncol 19:219-26. 2002..These results show that melphalan/thalidomide/dexamethasone therapy is active and generally tolerated in heavily pretreated multiple myeloma patients whose prognosis is otherwise poor...
- Periprostatic local anesthesia eliminates pain of office-based transrectal prostate biopsyJ S Jones
Urological Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 6:53-5. 2003..Periprostatic injection of local anesthetic essentially eliminates pain from prostate biopsy. Nerve-sparing radical retropubic prostatectomy is not more difficult as a result...
- Fractional order viscoelasticity of the aortic valve cusp: an alternative to quasilinear viscoelasticityTodd C Doehring
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 90027, USA
J Biomech Eng 127:700-8. 2005..FOV implies a fractal-like tissue structure, reflecting the hierarchical arrangement of collagenous tissues...
- Hoxb13 up-regulates transglutaminase activity and drives terminal differentiation in an epidermal organotypic modelJudith A Mack
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Lerner Research Institute, Ohio 44195, USA
J Biol Chem 280:29904-11. 2005..Our results suggest that Hoxb13 functions to promote epidermal differentiation, a critical process for skin regeneration and for the maintenance of normal barrier function...
- Association of fatigue and brain atrophy in multiple sclerosisRuth Ann Marrie
Department of Neurology Mellen Center, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Neurol Sci 228:161-6. 2005..This suggests that the subjective complaint of fatigue is linked to destructive pathologic processes in RRMS patients...
- Statin therapy, LDL cholesterol, C-reactive protein, and coronary artery diseaseSteven E Nissen
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
N Engl J Med 352:29-38. 2005..Intensive treatment produced greater reductions in both low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol and C-reactive protein (CRP), suggesting a relationship between these two biomarkers and disease progression...
- My life in science, not the restaurant businessGeorge R Stark
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Biol Chem 280:9753-60. 2005
- Advances in opioid therapy and formulationsDeclan Walsh
The Harry R Horvitz Center for Palliative Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Center, Cleveland, OH, USA
Support Care Cancer 13:138-44. 2005..Optimal opioid use should rely on individualized dose-finding approaches to enhance pain relief while limiting drug-related side effects and avoiding the common problems associated with opioid prescription in clinical practice...
- A hard look at angiotensin receptor blockers in heart failureChristian N Gring
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 44:1841-6. 2004..Angiotensin receptor blockers should be reserved for monotherapy in ACE intolerant patients and for combination therapy in symptomatic class II/III patients with chronic heart failure...
- Ocular findings in ichthyosis follicularis-alopecia-photophobia (IFAP) syndromeElias Traboulsi
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cole Eye Institute, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Ophthalmic Genet 25:153-6. 2004..To report the ocular findings in two siblings with IFAP and their mother and to review the natural course of the keratopathy of this disease...
- Prognostic importance of the platelet count 100 days post allogeneic bone marrow transplantB Bolwell
Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Taussig Cancer Center, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 33:419-23. 2004..001) and bad risk disease (P=0.009). We conclude that the platelet count 100 days post transplant is a powerful predictor of overall survival...
- In heart failure, all beta-blockers are not necessarily equalW H Wilson Tang
The George M and Linda H Kaufman Center for Heart Failure, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 70:1081-7. 2003..Given the overwhelming evidence of the benefit of carvedilol, metoprolol succinate, and bisoprolol in patients with heart failure, we should all strive to increase the use of these drugs in appropriate doses...
- Activation of G-protein-coupled receptors: a common molecular mechanismSadashiva S Karnik
Department of Molecular Cardiology, Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Trends Endocrinol Metab 14:431-7. 2003..Combining models derived from the X-ray structure of rhodopsin with structure-function data allows a deeper understanding of the activation mechanism of GPCRs...
- Surgical staging of cancer: impact on prognosis and potential for bias in clinical trialsMaurie Markman
Department of Hematology Medical Oncology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, R35, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Curr Oncol Rep 5:437-8. 2003
- Receiver operating characteristic curves and their use in radiologyNancy A Obuchowski
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology Wb4, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Radiology 229:3-8. 2003..Two examples of ROC curve application in radiologic research are presented...
- When is thrombolysis justified in patients with acute ischemic stroke? A bioethical perspectiveA J Furlan
Department of Neurology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio, USA
Stroke 28:214-8. 1997..We explore these and related issues by applying the bioethical principle of justification to the selection of stroke patients for thrombolysis...
- Nitrative stress in heart failureWai Hong Wilson Tang; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Clinical Approaches to Ileal Pouch DysfunctionBo Shen; Fiscal Year: 2005..The AIMS of study are to 1) investigate visceral hypersensitivity using barostat examination of the pouch; 2) conduct a randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial evaluating the use of amitriptyline in IPS. ..
- Therapeutic Modulation of COX-2-induced Immunosuppression in Metastatic RCCBrian Rini; Fiscal Year: 2007..This project will have broad implications for the immunoregulation of cancer and how expression and modulation of COX-2 expression influences the immune response to cancer. ..
- Clinical Implications of Peripheral Plaque MorphologyKenneth Ouriel; Fiscal Year: 2006..non-responders. The completion of these three investigations should yield a validated, high resolution, real time imaging study with which to assess risk and base treatment decisions in patients with PAD. ..
- Northeast Ohio Center for Cardiovascular Cell Therapy ResearchStephen Ellis; Fiscal Year: 2007..End of Abstract) ..
- EXTRAMURAL RESEARCH FACILITIES IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM GCRCRichard Rudick; Fiscal Year: 2003..construction of physical facilities to support a new General Clinical Research Center (GCRC) at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation (CCF)...
- Case/Cleveland Clinic Clinical Research Training Program (RMI)Richard Rudick; Fiscal Year: 2007..It will host a national conference on this theme during 2007 to exchange "lessons learned" and evaluate how NIH-sponsored programs are measuring up to this strategic goal. ..
- GENERAL CLINICAL RESEARCH CENTERRichard Rudick; Fiscal Year: 2006EXCEED THE SPACE PROVIDED. The Cleveland Clinic Foundation (CCF) proposes a General Clinic Research Center to provide centralized support for clinical/translational research and to expand clinical research training and career development ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Ectopic Bone FormationSTEVEN LIETMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Genetics of Atrial FibrillationMINA KAY contact CHUNG; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Molecular Mechanisms in Bone ResorptionSteven A Lietman; Fiscal Year: 2010..New information about mechanisms of bone resorption may facilitate the development of novel strategies to decrease bone resorption and may lead to new treatments for osteoporosis. ..
- Genetics of Atrial FibrillationMina Chung; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Molecular Mechanisms in Bone ResorptionSTEVEN LIETMAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..New information about mechanisms of bone resorption may facilitate the development of novel strategies to decrease bone resorption and may lead to new treatments for osteoporosis. ..
- CHEMOKINES IN CNS INFLAMMATIONRichard M Ransohoff; Fiscal Year: 2010..Ongoing clinical trials for pulmonary disease use drugs that block CXCR2 and our studies will provide essential data for designing clinical trials of CXCR2 blockade in MS. ..
- Gender differences in immune responses in MSRichard Ransohoff; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Chemokine Regulation on Central Nervous System Inflammation in Multiple SclerosisRichard Ransohoff; Fiscal Year: 2007..Formal classwork and informal guidance are integrated in the mentoring plan, which will result in development of clinician-scientists who are enabled to use cutting edge research techniques to elucidate human disease. ..
- HEART RATE RECOVERY AND MORTALITYMichael Lauer; Fiscal Year: 2002..Data from over 20,000 patients who have undergone exercise testing at Cleveland Clinic Foundation between 1990 and 1998 will be used; all of these patients had their tests performed on exercise ..
- CHEMOKINES IN CNS INFLAMMATIONRichard Ransohoff; Fiscal Year: 2001..4. Regulation of MCP-1 transcription by constitutive and inducible factors. Data gained from these experiments will provide a rational foundation for strategies to modulate chemokine expression during neurological disease states. ..
- CHEMOKINES IN CNS INFLAMMATIONRichard Ransohoff; Fiscal Year: 2006..How do CXCR3 and its ligands govern the accumulation and distribution of T-cells in the CNS of mice with EAE? ..
- Logical Analysis of Data and Cardiac Surgery RiskMichael Lauer; Fiscal Year: 2005..Hence, the applicability of this work goes beyond determination of risk of patients undergoing cardiac surgery. ..
- Mechanisms of Vaginal Sling Effects on ContinenceFirouz Daneshgari; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long-term goal of this proposal is to expand the findings of this project into an R01 application in order to translate our findings into relevant clinical studies. ..
- PKC ALTERATIONS IN LUT DYSFUNCTIONFirouz Daneshgari; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Assessment of Altered Function in Diabetic BladderFirouz Daneshgari; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Diabetic Uropathy Pathobiology SiteFirouz Daneshgari; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Conference--National Urology Resident Female Pelvic MedFirouz Daneshgari; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..