Affiliation: City of Hope National Medical Center
- Economic impact of palifermin on the costs of hospitalization for autologous hematopoietic stem-cell transplant: analysis of phase 3 trial resultsLinda S Elting
Health Services Research, Department of Biostatistics, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030 4009, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 13:806-13. 2007..In addition to its previously demonstrated clinical benefit, palifermin prophylaxis offers a favorable economic profile among patients with hematologic malignancies who receive total body irradiation and autologous stem cell support...
- Impact of donor CMV status on viral infection and reconstitution of multifunction CMV-specific T cells in CMV-positive transplant recipientsWendi Zhou
Department of Virology, City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, Duarte, CA, USA
Blood 113:6465-76. 2009..These results highlight the benefit of D(+) donors in improving outcomes of R(+) HCT recipients by reducing the duration and recurrent need of antiviral treatment, aided by increased levels of multifunctional CMV-specific T cells...
- Palifermin for oral mucositis after intensive therapy for hematologic cancersRicardo Spielberger
City of Hope National Medical Center, Department of Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation and Kaiser Permanente BMT Program, Duarte, Calif 91010, USA
N Engl J Med 351:2590-8. 2004..We tested the ability of palifermin (recombinant human keratinocyte growth factor) to decrease oral mucosal injury induced by cytotoxic therapy...
- Cytomegalovirus immune reconstitution occurs in recipients of allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplants irrespective of detectable cytomegalovirus infectionGhislaine Gallez-Hawkins
Division of Virology, Beckman Research Institute, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, California 91010, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 11:890-902. 2005....
- Characterization of cytotoxic function of CMV-pp65-specific CD8+ T-lymphocytes identified by HLA tetramers in recipients and donors of stem-cell transplantsSimon F Lacey
Laboratory of Vaccine Research, Division of Virology, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, California 91010, USA
Transplantation 74:722-32. 2002..CD8 T-lymphocytes have an important role in immunity against CMV, but correlation between antigen-specific subpopulations of these cells and protection are still unclear...
- Functional comparison of T cells recognizing cytomegalovirus pp65 and intermediate-early antigen polypeptides in hematopoietic stem-cell transplant and solid organ transplant recipientsSimon F Lacey
Laboratory of Vaccine Research, Division of Information Sciences, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, Duarte, CA 91010 3000, USA
J Infect Dis 194:1410-21. 2006..We also provide evidence of a relationship between cytotoxic function and the ability of cytomegalovirus-specific CTLs to secrete multiple cytokines...
- Simultaneous reconstitution of multiple cytomegalovirus-specific CD8+ cell populations with divergent functionality in hematopoietic stem-cell transplant recipientsSimon F Lacey
Laboratory of Vaccine Research, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, California 91010 3000, USA
J Infect Dis 191:977-84. 2005..These functional differences between T lymphocyte populations within the same individual may have implications for protection against CMV...
- A phase 1/2 trial of high-dose yttrium-90-ibritumomab tiuxetan in combination with high-dose etoposide and cyclophosphamide followed by autologous stem cell transplantation in patients with poor-risk or relapsed non-Hodgkin lymphomaAuayporn Nademanee
Division of Hematology and Hemapoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope National Medical Center, 1500 E Duarte Rd, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Blood 106:2896-902. 2005..We conclude that high-dose 90Y-ibritumomab tiuxetan can be combined safely with high-dose etoposide and cyclophosphamide without an increase in transplant-related toxicity or delayed engraftment...
- Phase I Trial of Total Marrow and Lymphoid Irradiation Transplant Conditioning in Patients with Relapsed/Refractory Acute LeukemiaAnthony Stein
Department of Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope, Duarte, CA Gehr Family Center for Leukemia Research, City of Hope, Duarte, CA Electronic address
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant . 2017..5% (95% CI: 40.7-68.1). The TMLI/CY/VP16 conditioning regimen is well tolerated at TMLI doses up to 2000 cGy with a low 100 day and 1 year NRM rate and no increased risk of GVHD with higher doses of radiation...
- Palifermin for prevention of oral mucositis in allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: a single-institution retrospective evaluationDiana T Nguyen
Department of Pharmacy, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, CA, USA
Support Care Cancer 23:3141-7. 2015....
- CD154 expression is associated with neutralizing antibody titer levels postinfluenza vaccination in stem cell transplant patients and healthy adultsAprille Seidel
Division of Translational Vaccine Research, Department of Virology, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope National Medical Center, 1500 East Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 17:524-33. 2011..A lack of B cell reconstitution and dysfunctional CD4 T cell costimulation (as marked by low CD154 expression) is associated with low NAb levels postvaccination in HCT patients...
- Total marrow irradiation: a new ablative regimen as part of tandem autologous stem cell transplantation for patients with multiple myelomaGeorge Somlo
Departments of Medical Oncology and Therapeutics Research, City of Hope Cancer Center, Duarte, California 91010, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:174-82. 2011..To establish feasibility, maximum tolerated dose (MTD), and potential efficacy of ablative dose total marrow irradiation (TMI) delivered by helical tomotherapy in patients with multiple myeloma (MM)...
- Current management of oral mucositisRicardo Spielberger
Department of Hematology, City of Hope National Medical Center, USA
Clin Adv Hematol Oncol 3:769-71. 2005
- NCCN Task Force Report. prevention and management of mucositis in cancer careWilliam Bensinger
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 6:S1-21; quiz S22-4. 2008..This report integrates expert judgment with a review of key literature on risk assessment, prevention, and treatment strategies, and provides recommendations for the overall management of OM...
- Palifermin reduces patient-reported mouth and throat soreness and improves patient functioning in the hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation settingPatrick J Stiff
Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:5186-93. 2006....