Affiliation: City University of New York
- Alcohol advertising and alcohol consumption by adolescentsHenry Saffer
Department of Economics, Kean University, USA
Health Econ 15:617-37. 2006..26, consistent with prior studies. The results show that reduction of alcohol advertising can produce a modest decline in adolescent alcohol consumption, though effects may vary by race and gender...
- Alcohol advertising and youthHenry Saffer
National Bureau of Economic Research, New York, New York 10016 4309, USA
J Stud Alcohol Suppl . 2002..There is, however, very little empirical evidence that alcohol advertising has any effect on actual alcohol consumption...
- The effect of tobacco advertising bans on tobacco consumptionH Saffer
National Bureau of Economic Research, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Health Econ 19:1117-37. 2000..The primary conclusion of this research is that a comprehensive set of tobacco advertising bans can reduce tobacco consumption and that a limited set of advertising bans will have little or no effect...
- The effects of price on alcohol consumption and alcohol-related problemsFrank J Chaloupka
Department of Economics, Health Research and Policy Centers, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Alcohol Res Health 26:22-34. 2002....
- The effect of alcohol consumption on the earnings of older workersHenry Saffer
Department of Economics, Kean University, Union, NJ, USA
Adv Health Econ Health Serv Res 16:61-90. 2005..The data set is longitudinal which allows for estimation of individual-fixed-effects specifications. These results indicate that alcohol use does not have a positive effect on earnings and wages...
- Televised state-sponsored antitobacco advertising and youth smoking beliefs and behavior in the United States, 1999-2000Sherry Emery
Institute for Health Research and Policy, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago 60608 1264, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 159:639-45. 2005..Recent state budget crises have dramatically reduced funding for state-sponsored antitobacco media campaigns. If campaigns are associated with reduced smoking, such cuts could result in long-term increases in state health care costs...
- Mixed messages on tobacco: comparative exposure to public health, tobacco company- and pharmaceutical company-sponsored tobacco-related television campaigns in the United States, 1999-2003Melanie Wakefield
The Cancer Council Victoria, Australia
Addiction 100:1875-83. 2005..To describe and compare the extent of exposure among youth and adults to antitobacco advertising funded by tobacco control agencies, and to smoking-related advertising from tobacco and pharmaceutical companies...
- Effect of televised, tobacco company-funded smoking prevention advertising on youth smoking-related beliefs, intentions, and behaviorMelanie Wakefield
Center for Behavioral Research in Cancer, The Cancer Council Victoria, Melbourne, Australia
Am J Public Health 96:2154-60. 2006..To relate exposure to televised youth smoking prevention advertising to youths' smoking beliefs, intentions, and behaviors...
- ALCOHOL ADVERTISING AND YOUTH--AN ECONOMETRIC APPROACHHenry Saffer; Fiscal Year: 2001..This is important since the estimated price elasticity of alcohol advertising can be used to estimate the effect of elimination of the tax deductibility of alcohol advertising. ..
- PUBLIC POLICY, SUBSTANCE ABUSE AND PSYCHIATRIC DISORDERSHenry Saffer; Fiscal Year: 2001..The NCS will be augmented with an extensive series of substance abuse policy variables. These policy variables will be appended to the individual records at the county level or the state level. ..
- PREVENTION, ECONOMICS, AND OBESITYHenry Saffer; Fiscal Year: 2002..These data sets will be augmented with grocery, fast food, and cigarette prices and with fast food availability and fast food advertising. ..
- Aging and Alcohol DemandHenry Saffer; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Prescription Prices and Direct to Consumer AdvertisingHenry Saffer; Fiscal Year: 2007..This will be carried out for each therapeutic class. Three alternative DTCA scenarios will be simulated. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Racial and Ethnic Differences in Physical ActivityHenry Saffer; Fiscal Year: 2010..Since physical activity has been shown to have a positive effect on health, lower levels for minority groups would be a factor contributing to observed racial and ethnic health differentials. ..