David J E Callaway
Affiliation: City University of New York
- Essential Strategies for Revealing Nanoscale Protein Dynamics by Neutron Spin Echo SpectroscopyDavid J E Callaway
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, City College of New York, City University of New York, New York, USA Electronic address
Methods Enzymol 566:253-70. 2016..With selective deuteration, NSE will allow us to see these nanomachines in motion. ..
- Nanoscale protein dynamics: a new frontier for neutron spin echo spectroscopyDavid J E Callaway
Department of Chemistry, The City College of New York, New York, NY 10031, USA
Eur Phys J E Soft Matter 36:76. 2013..Our approach thus clears significant hurdles to the application of NSE for the study of protein dynamics in solution. ..
- Open conformation of ezrin bound to phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate and to F-actin revealed by neutron scatteringJayant James Jayasundar
Department of Chemistry, City College of New York, New York, New York 10031, USA
J Biol Chem 287:37119-33. 2012..1-ERM to PIP(2) binding. The study provides the first structural view of the activated ezrin bound to PIP(2) and to F-actin...
- Proteins move! Protein dynamics and long-range allostery in cell signalingZimei Bu
Department of Chemistry, The City College of New York, New York, New York, USA
Adv Protein Chem Struct Biol 83:163-221. 2011....
- Phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate clusters the cell adhesion molecule CD44 and assembles a specific CD44-Ezrin heterocomplex, as revealed by small angle neutron scatteringXiaodong Chen
From the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, City College of New York, New York, New York 10031, The School of Pharmacy, Jiangxi University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Nanchang, JiangXi 330004, China
J Biol Chem 290:6639-52. 2015..We hypothesize that polyvalent electrostatic interactions are responsible for the assembly of CD44 clusters and the multimeric PIP2-CD44-Ezrin complexes. ..
- Molecular conformation of the full-length tumor suppressor NF2/Merlin--a small-angle neutron scattering studyJahan Ali Khajeh
Department of Chemistry, City College of New York and CUNY Graduate Center, NY, USA
J Mol Biol 426:2755-68. 2014..This study supports a rheostat model of Merlin in NHERF1 binding and contributes to resolving a controversy about the molecular conformation and binding activity of Merlin. ..
- A conformational switch in the scaffolding protein NHERF1 controls autoinhibition and complex formationShibani Bhattacharya
New York Structural Biology Center, New York, New York 10031, USA
J Biol Chem 285:9981-94. 2010..Loss of NHERF1 expressed in cells could result in failure to assemble membrane complexes that are important for normal physiological functions...