Elizabeth P Schlaudecker
Affiliation: Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Comparison of a new transport medium with universal transport medium at a tropical field siteElizabeth P Schlaudecker
Division of Infectious Diseases, Global Health Center, Cincinnati Children s Hospital and Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA Electronic address
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 80:107-10. 2014..6849, P < 0.0001), and parainfluenza (Kappa = 0.8796, P < 0.0001). These results suggest that clinical specimens transported via PrimeStore® MTM and UTM yield similar viral multiplex PCR results. ..
- IgA and neutralizing antibodies to influenza a virus in human milk: a randomized trial of antenatal influenza immunizationElizabeth P Schlaudecker
Cincinnati Children s Hospital and Medical Center, Division of Infectious Diseases, Global Health Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e70867. 2013..We report the effect of antenatal immunization on the levels of specific anti-influenza IgA levels in human breast milk. (ClinicalTrials.gov identifier NCT00142389; http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00142389)...
- Etiology and seasonality of viral respiratory infections in rural Honduran childrenElizabeth P Schlaudecker
Global Health Center, Cincinnati Children s Hospital and Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 31:1113-8. 2012..Better data may lead to improved therapeutic and preventive strategies. The goal of our study was to determine the viral etiology and seasonality of acute respiratory infections in a rural Honduran population of children...
- Pregnancy modifies the antibody response to trivalent influenza immunizationElizabeth P Schlaudecker
Division of Infectious Diseases, Global Health Center, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Ave, Cincinnati, Ohip 45229, USA
J Infect Dis 206:1670-3. 2012..The geometric mean ratio (fold increase) for influenza A(H1N1) was nonsignificantly reduced in pregnant participants (P = .089). The percentages of participants who seroconverted and achieved seroprotection were similar between groups...
- Childhood immunization rates in rural Intibucá, Honduras: an analysis of a local database tool and community health center records for assessing and improving vaccine coverageYuan He
Shoulder to Shoulder, Concepcion, Intibucá, Honduras
BMC Public Health 12:1056. 2012....
- Antibody persistence in mothers one year after pneumococcal immunization in pregnancyElizabeth P Schlaudecker
Cincinnati Children s Hospital and Medical Center, Division of Infectious Diseases, Global Health Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, ML 2048, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Vaccine 30:5063-6. 2012..We report on maternal antibody concentrations one year after immunization with 23-valent pneumococcal polysaccharide (23vPPS) vaccine...
- Adolescent pneumoniaElizabeth P Schlaudecker
Division of Infectious Diseases, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Adolesc Med State Art Rev 21:202-19, vii-viii. 2010..The final section covers individual pathogens associated with pneumonia in adolescents, including recent updates in diagnosis, management, and prevention of these agents...
- Interactions of diarrhea, pneumonia, and malnutrition in childhood: recent evidence from developing countriesElizabeth P Schlaudecker
Division of Infectious Diseases, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Curr Opin Infect Dis 24:496-502. 2011..This review highlights recent progress toward understanding complex interactions between diarrhea, pneumonia, and undernutrition among children in low-income and middle-income countries...