Anne W Lucky
Affiliation: Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- The IVth International Symposium on Epidermolysis Bullosa, Santiago, Chile, 27-29 September 2007Anne W Lucky
Cincinnati Children s Epidermolysis Bullosa Center, Cincinnati Children s Hospital, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
J Dermatol Sci 49:178-84. 2008
- Perioperative care of patients with epidermolysis bullosa: proceedings of the 5th international symposium on epidermolysis bullosa, Santiago Chile, December 4-6, 2008Kenneth Goldschneider
Division of Pain Management, Department of Anesthesiology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Paediatr Anaesth 20:797-804. 2010..With proper medical optimization and attention to detail in the operating room, patients with EB can have an uneventful perioperative course...
- Psychosocial aspects of epidermolysis bullosa: Proceedings of the IInd International Symposium on Epidermolysis Bullosa, Santiago, Chile, 2005Anne W Lucky
Division of Pediatric Dermatology and Epidermolysis Bullosa Center, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA, and Facultad de Medicina Clínica Alemana, Universidad del Desarrollo, Santiago, Chile
Int J Dermatol 46:809-14. 2007
- Pyloric atresia with epidermolysis bullosa: fetal MRI diagnosis with postnatal correlationArnold C Merrow
Department of Radiology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Ave, MLC 5031, Cincinnati, OH, 45229 3026, USA
Pediatr Radiol 43:1656-61. 2013..Fetal MRI findings of the epidermolysis bullosa-pyloric atresia association have not been previously reported. We present a case of this association diagnosed by prenatal MRI with corroborative postnatal imaging and surgical findings. ..
- Pain management in epidermolysis bullosaKenneth R Goldschneider
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Division of Pain Management, Department of Anesthesiology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Dermatol Clin 28:273-82, ix. 2010..The approach to pain management is different in daily life, during intermittent exacerbations or injuries, or when hospitalizations or operative procedures occur...
- Upper airway complications of junctional epidermolysis bullosaJonathan B Ida
Division of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
J Pediatr 160:657-661.e1. 2012..To assess the incidence of upper airway pathology in patients with junctional epidermolysis bullosa (JEB)...
- Non-endoscopic percutaneous gastrostomy placement in children with recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosaWolfgang Stehr
Department of Surgery, Division of General and Thoracic Pediatric Surgery, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Epidermolysis Bullosa Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, MLC 3018, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Pediatr Surg Int 24:349-54. 2008..As such, we strongly recommend that it be included in the treatment armamentarium for patients with epidermolysis bullosa and nutritional failure...
- Surgical management of epidermolysis bullosa: Proceedings of the IInd International Symposium on Epidermolysis Bullosa, Santiago, Chile, 2005Richard G Azizkhan
Division of General and Thoracic Pediatric Surgery, and the Epidermolysis Bullosa Center, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, OH 45229 3039, USA, and Department of Ophthalmology, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Int J Dermatol 46:801-8. 2007
- Basic science of epidermolysis bullosa and diagnostic and molecular characterization: Proceedings of the IInd International Symposium on Epidermolysis Bullosa, Santiago, Chile, 2005Ellen G Pfendner
GeneDx Inc, Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA
Int J Dermatol 46:781-94. 2007
- Prospective study of infantile hemangiomas: demographic, prenatal, and perinatal characteristicsAnita N Haggstrom
J Pediatr 150:291-4. 2007..To characterize demographic, prenatal, and perinatal features of patients with infantile hemangiomas and to determine the importance of these factors in predicting rates of complication and treatment...
- Esophageal strictures in children with recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa: an 11-year experience with fluoroscopically guided balloon dilatationRichard G Azizkhan
Division of General and Thoracic Pediatric Surgery, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Epidermolysis Bullosa Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
J Pediatr Surg 41:55-60; discussion 55-60. 2006..Although endoscopically guided balloon dilatation is a widely used treatment, the use of an endoscope carries the risk of oropharyngeal trauma. To minimize this risk, we have eliminated its use...
- Cervicofacial vascular anomalies. I. Hemangiomas and other benign vascular tumorsDenise M Adams
Division of Hematology Oncology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Semin Pediatr Surg 15:124-32. 2006..This article presents an overview of hemangiomas and other vascular tumors, highlighting cervicofacial lesions and describing critical and underappreciated clinical presentations...
- Pubertal correlates in black and white girlsFrank M Biro
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine and Division of Adolescent Medicine, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
J Pediatr 148:234-40. 2006..Since pubertal maturation is an important covariate in studies that evaluate physical and social changes that occur during the teen years, we examined pubertal parameters in a group of US girls...
- Growth characteristics of infantile hemangiomas: implications for managementLinda C Chang
Department of Dermatology, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Pediatrics 122:360-7. 2008..The objective of this study was to describe growth characteristics of infantile hemangioma and compare growth with infantile hemangioma referral patterns...
- Comparison of infantile hemangiomas in preterm and term infants: a prospective studyMaria C Garzon
Arch Dermatol 144:1231-2. 2008
- Combined antiretroviral therapy during pregnancy and risk of congenital malformationsIlona J Frieden
JAMA 291:1961-2; author reply 1962. 2004
- Growth, bone mineral accretion, and adrenal function in glucocorticoid-treated infants with hemangiomas-- a retrospective studyJefferson P Lomenick
Hemangioma and Vascular Malformation Center, Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center and the University of Cincinnait School of Medicine, Cincinnati, USA
Pediatr Dermatol 23:169-74. 2006..Glucocorticoids did not affect bone mineralization adversely. Only 1 of 10 glucocorticoid-treated infants had clear evidence of adrenal insufficiency after therapy was stopped...
- Quantitative documentation of a premenstrual flare of facial acne in adult womenAnne W Lucky
Dermatology Research Associates, Cincinnati, Ohio 45230, USA
Arch Dermatol 140:423-4. 2004..To quantitatively document the presence and extent of a late luteal (premenstrual) acne flare in adult women...
- Subcutaneous panniculitic T-cell lymphoma in children: response to combination therapy with cyclosporine and chemotherapyAyelet Shani-Adir
Division of Dermatology, Children s Memorial Hospital, 2300 Children s Plaza, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 50:S18-22. 2004..A clinicopathologic review of 8 described pediatric cases of subcutaneous panniculitic T-cell lymphoma is also presented...
- Dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa with one dominant and one recessive mutation of the COL7A1 gene in a child with deafnessSarah Weinel
Division of Dermatology, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky 40202, USA
Pediatr Dermatol 25:210-4. 2008..Our patient has also been diagnosed with bilateral auditory neuropathy, a disorder coincidentally also mapped to a nearby gene on chromosome 3p21 (the transmembrane inner ear expressed gene, TMIE)...
- Use of pimecrolimus cream 1% (Elidel) in the treatment of atopic dermatitis in infants and children: the effects of ethnic origin and baseline disease severity on treatment outcomeLawrence F Eichenfield
Children s Hospital, San Diego, CA, USA
Int J Dermatol 44:70-5. 2005..This report examines the effect of ethnic origin and baseline disease severity on treatment outcomes in pediatric patients with AD treated with pimecrolimus cream 1%...
- Ultrapotent topical corticosteroid treatment of hemangiomas of infancyMaria C Garzon
Department of Clinical Dermatology and Clinical Pediatrics, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 52:281-6. 2005..The use of this therapy for hemangiomas of infancy at other sites on the body has not been reported...
- Multicenter prospective study of ulcerated hemangiomasSarah L Chamlin
Division of Pediatric Dermatology, Children s Memorial Hospital and Department of Pediatrics, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
J Pediatr 151:684-9, 689.e1. 2007..To identify clinical features of infants with ulcerated infantile hemangiomas...
- The epidemiology of molluscum contagiosum in childrenMagdalene A Dohil
Division of Pediatric and Adolescent Dermatology, Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, San Diego, California, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 54:47-54. 2006..Limitations include that this was a retrospective study with a population limited to tertiary pediatric dermatology referral centers...
- Medical management of epidermolysis bullosa: Proceedings of the IInd International Symposium on Epidermolysis Bullosa, Santiago, Chile, 2005Jemima E Mellerio
St John s Institute of Dermatology, St Thomas Hospital, London, UK, and Stanford University School of Medicine, CA, USA
Int J Dermatol 46:795-800. 2007
- Prospective study of infantile hemangiomas: clinical characteristics predicting complications and treatmentAnita N Haggstrom
Department of Dermatology, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Pediatrics 118:882-7. 2006..This study aims to identify clinical characteristics associated with complications and the need for therapeutic intervention...
- Pubertal maturation in girls and the relationship to anthropometric changes: pathways through pubertyFrank M Biro
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
J Pediatr 142:643-6. 2003..We examined the relationship of the initial manifestation of puberty in girls with anthropometric measures, as well as age at menarche...