James I Geller
Affiliation: Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Current standards of care and future directions for "high-risk" pediatric renal tumors: Anaplastic Wilms tumor and Rhabdoid tumorJames I Geller
Division of Oncology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH Electronic address
Urol Oncol 34:50-6. 2016..Future directions related to management of such cancers are discussed, with insights provided into possible clinical trials in development that consider integration of novel targeted therapies. ..
- Translocation renal cell carcinoma: lack of negative impact due to lymph node spreadJames I Geller
Department of Hematology Oncology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
Cancer 112:1607-16. 2008..Pediatric renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is clinically distinct from adult RCC. Characterization of the unique biological and clinical features of pediatric RCC are required...
- Characterization of adolescent and pediatric renal cell carcinoma: A report from the Children's Oncology Group study AREN03B2James I Geller
Division of Pediatric Oncology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
Cancer 121:2457-64. 2015..The current study was conducted to characterize the epidemiology, histology, and radiographic features of as well as the surgical approach to pediatric and adolescent renal cell carcinoma (pRCC)...
- Association of Chromosome 1q Gain With Inferior Survival in Favorable-Histology Wilms Tumor: A Report From the Children's Oncology GroupEric J Gratias
Eric J Gratias, University of Tennessee College of Medicine Chattanooga, Chattanooga, TN Jeffrey S Dome, Children s National Health System, Washington, DC Lawrence J Jennings and Elizabeth J Perlman, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL Yueh Yun Chi and Jing Tian, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL James Anderson, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE Paul Grundy, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta Conrad V Fernandez, Dalhousie University and the IWK Health Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada Elizabeth A Mullen, Boston Children s Hospital and Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA and James I Geller, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
J Clin Oncol 34:3189-94. 2016....
- The initial experience with RENAL Nephrometry in children, adolescents, and young adults with renal tumorsNicholas G Cost
Division of Urology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado Division of Urology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio
Pediatr Blood Cancer 61:1434-9. 2014..Thus, the study objective was to evaluate RENAL Nephrometry tumor score in a population of children, adolescents, and young adults and correlate it with tumor features and pathology...
- Advances in Wilms Tumor Treatment and Biology: Progress Through International CollaborationJeffrey S Dome
Jeffrey S Dome, Children s National Health System, Washington, DC James I Geller, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH Elizabeth A Mullen, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA Norbert Graf, Saarland University, Homburg, Germany Conrad V Fernandez, IWK Health Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada Filippo Spreafico, Fondazione Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan, Italy Marry Van den Heuvel Eibrink, Princess Máxima Center for Pediatric Oncology, Utrecht, the Netherlands and Kathy Pritchard Jones, University College London Institute of Child Health, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 33:2999-3007. 2015..A coordinated expansion of international collaboration in both clinical trials and laboratory science will provide real opportunity to improve the treatment and outcomes for children with renal tumors on a global level. ..
- Children's Oncology Group's 2013 blueprint for research: renal tumorsJeffrey S Dome
Division of Oncology, Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 60:994-1000. 2013..For high-risk renal tumors, new treatment regimens will incorporate biological therapies. A research blueprint, viewed from the perspective of the Children's Oncology Group, is presented...
- Urologic co-morbidities associated with sacrococcygeal teratoma and a rational plan for urologic surveillanceNicholas G Cost
Division of Urology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 60:1626-9. 2013..SCT pelvic mass effect and the need for aggressive surgical resection, create potential for urologic co-morbidity. We reviewed our experience with SCTs and propose a rational plan for urologic surveillance...
- Local lymph node involvement does not predict poor outcome in pediatric renal cell carcinomaJames I Geller
Department of Hematology Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Cancer 101:1575-83. 2004..Local lymph node involvement in adults with renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is associated with poor outcome. The prognostic significance of local lymph node involvement in children with RCC has not been studied systematically...
- Prechemotherapy robotic-assisted laparoscopic radical nephrectomy for an adolescent with Wilms tumorNicholas G Cost
Divisions of Pediatric Urology Pediatric Oncology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH Department of Surgery, Division of Urology, University of Colorado School of Medicine and the Children s Hospital Colorado, Aurora, CO
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 37:e125-7. 2015..Herein, we will discuss the pertinent details regarding adolescents with renal tumors and the risks and benefits of using a minimally invasive surgical approach. ..
- Adolescent urologic oncology: current issues and future directionsNicholas G Cost
Division of Pediatric Urology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH Electronic address
Urol Oncol 32:59-69. 2014..Lastly, we highlight future directions and the foreseeable obstacles towards achieving the same research and therapeutic success enjoyed in pediatric urologic oncology. ..
- Renal rhabdomyosarcoma in a pancake kidneyAshley Walther
Division of Pediatric Surgery of Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Urology 82:458-60. 2013..Treatment included multimodal therapy, consisting of neoadjuvant chemotherapy, complete surgical resection, and adjuvant chemotherapy. He remains in clinical remission 7 months after resection...
- Expanding the Spectrum of Renal Tumors in Children: Primary Renal Myoepithelial Carcinomas With a Novel EWSR1-KLF15 FusionMariana M Cajaiba
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Robert Lurie Cancer Center, Ann and Robert H Lurie Children s Hospital of Chicago, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Il Department of Pathology, Colorado Pathology Consultants, Saint Joseph Hospital, Denver, CO LMC Pathology Services, Sunrise Children s Hospital, Las Vegas, NV Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology Spectrum Health Regional Laboratory, Helen DeVos Children s Hospital, Grand Rapids, MI Division of Pediatric Oncology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
Am J Surg Pathol 40:386-94. 2016..The characterization of novel EWSR1-KLF15 fusion transcripts carries important diagnostic implications, as well as clues to understand the pathogenesis of these neoplasms. ..
- Vincristine-associated neurological morbidity in the treatment of hepatoblastomaAnne J Lombardi
Division of Oncology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cancer and Blood Diseases Institute Departments of Pediatrics Surgery, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 37:e258-63. 2015..Formal prospective investigation of the relative risks and benefits of vincristine in hepatoblastoma treatment is warranted to assess the value of continued use of vincristine in this patient population. ..
- A robotic-assisted laparoscopic approach for pediatric renal cell carcinoma allows for both nephron-sparing surgery and extended lymph node dissectionNicholas G Cost
Division of Pediatric Urology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
J Pediatr Surg 47:1946-50. 2012..Robotic-assisted laparoscopy can permit excellent exposure for an oncologically-sound resection, in this case a partial nephrectomy, as well as an extended lymph node dissection...
- Adjuvant therapy in pediatric patients with completely resected renal cell carcinomaJames I Geller
Pediatr Blood Cancer 46:527. 2006
- Genetic stratification of Wilms tumor: is WT1 gene analysis ready for prime time?James I Geller
Cancer 113:893-6. 2008