N A Crimmins
Affiliation: Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Bariatric surgery for severe obesity in two adolescents with type 1 diabetesJanet Chuang
Division of Endocrinology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, MLC 7012, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039
Pediatrics 132:e1031-4. 2013..Patients with T1DM have ongoing dependency on exogenous insulin, and optimal glycemic control still depends on patient compliance with diabetes care. ..
- Adiponectin receptor 1 variants associated with lower insulin resistance in African AmericansNancy A Crimmins
Department of Pediatrics, MLC 7012, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 15:1903-7. 2007..Our findings suggest not only that ADIPOR1 variants influence insulin resistance in the presence of adiposity, but also that these variants and haplotypes are protective in African Americans...
- Polymorphisms in adiponectin receptor genes ADIPOR1 and ADIPOR2 and insulin resistanceN A Crimmins
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Obes Rev 8:419-23. 2007..In addition, these polymorphism studies are used to illustrate some of the potential pitfalls and reasons for poor reproducibility of findings in genetic association studies...
- Stability of adolescent body mass index during three years of follow-upNancy A Crimmins
Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
J Pediatr 151:383-7. 2007..A 4-year longitudinal study was conducted to determine the prevalence of overweight, detect shifts in body mass index (BMI) distribution, and determine which adolescents were at risk for pathologic weight gain...
- Concurrent course of transient neonatal diabetes with cholestasis and paucity of interlobular bile ducts: a case reportAlan P Kenny
Department of Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 12:417-20. 2009..We suggest that hepatobiliary function be evaluated in patients with TNDM to determine the prevalence and course of cholestasis of the disease...
- Approach to management of malignant hyperthermia-like syndrome in pediatric diabetes mellitusBrendan J Kilbane
Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center and University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 7:169-73. 2006..However, a fatal malignant hyperthermia-like syndrome (MHLS) with rhabdomyolysis associated with new-onset diabetes mellitus and HHNS in adolescents has been described...