Michael R Bennett
Affiliation: Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Pediatric reference ranges for acute kidney injury biomarkersMichael R Bennett
Biomarker Laboratory, Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, ML 7022, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH, 45229, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 30:677-85. 2015..Each of these has shown considerable promise diagnosing AKI earlier than serum creatinine (Scr) using disease controls. We set out to determine reference levels of these markers in a healthy pediatric population...
- Identification of urinary metabolites that distinguish membranous lupus nephritis from proliferative lupus nephritis and focal segmental glomerulosclerosisLindsey E Romick-Rosendale
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 13:R199. 2011....
- NGAL distinguishes steroid sensitivity in idiopathic nephrotic syndromeMichael R Bennett
Division Nephrology and Hypertension, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, ML 7022, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 27:807-12. 2012..We set out to determine if urine NGAL can distinguish between patients with SRNS, SSNS, and healthy controls...
- Plasma neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin predicts acute kidney injury, morbidity and mortality after pediatric cardiac surgery: a prospective uncontrolled cohort studyCatherine L Dent
Department of Cardiology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati School of Medicine, 3333 Burnet Ave, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Crit Care 11:R127. 2007..In this study we tested whether a point-of-care NGAL device can predict AKI after CPB in a larger cohort...
- Proteomic analysis of acute kidney injury: biomarkers to mechanismsMichael R Bennett
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, and University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Proteomics Clin Appl 5:67-77. 2011..This review concludes with a discussion of the future of proteomics and personalized medicine in AKI and the challenges presented in translating these exciting proteomic results to the clinic...
- Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin concentrations predict development of acute kidney injury in neonates and children after cardiopulmonary bypassCatherine D Krawczeski
Heart Institute, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, USA
J Pediatr 158:1009-1015.e1. 2011..To investigate neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL) as an early acute kidney injury (AKI) biomarker after neonatal and pediatric cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB)...
- Discovery and initial validation of α 1-B glycoprotein fragmentation as a differential urinary biomarker in pediatric steroid-resistant nephrotic syndromeNuntawan Piyaphanee
Nephrology and Hypertension, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Proteomics Clin Appl 5:334-42. 2011..In this cross-sectional pilot study we set out to discover a non-invasive biomarker that could distinguish steroid-resistant nephrotic syndrome (SRNS) from steroid-sensitive nephrotic syndrome (SSNS)...
- Follow-Up Renal Assessment of Injury Long-Term After Acute Kidney Injury (FRAIL-AKI)David S Cooper
Department of Pediatrics, The Heart Institute, Division of Cardiology and Center for Acute Care Nephrology, Division of Nephrology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 11:21-9. 2016..We assessed whether there was clinical or biomarker evidence of long-term kidney injury in patients with CPB-AKI...
- Association of noninvasively measured renal protein biomarkers with histologic features of lupus nephritisHermine I Brunner
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center and University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Arthritis Rheum 64:2687-97. 2012....
- Preterm labor biomarker discovery in serum using 3 proteomic profiling methodologiesCaroline L Stella
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 201:387.e1-13. 2009..The aim of this study was to identify changes in protein expression in normal pregnancy compared with preterm labor by using 3 proteomic methods...
- Urinary Vitamin D-Binding Protein as a Biomarker of Steroid-Resistant Nephrotic SyndromeMichael R Bennett
Assistant Professor, Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Biomark Insights 11:1-6. 2016..We tested the hypothesis that uVDBP represents a biomarker to differentiate steroid-resistant nephrotic syndrome (SRNS) from the more benign forms of steroid-sensitive nephrotic syndrome (SSNS)...
- Novel urinary tubular injury markers reveal an evidence of underlying kidney injury in children with reduced left ventricular systolic function: a pilot studyAhmad Kaddourah
Center for Acute Care Nephrology, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 31:1637-45. 2016..Such data are not well delineated in asymptomatic children with cardiomyopathy. This study sought to evaluate kidney involvement in children with left ventricular (LV) systolic dysfunction...
- Serum cystatin C is an early predictive biomarker of acute kidney injury after pediatric cardiopulmonary bypassCatherine D Krawczeski
The Heart Institute, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 5:1552-7. 2010..Biomarkers that are sensitive and rapidly measurable could allow early intervention and improve patient outcomes. We investigated the value of serum cystatin C as an early biomarker for AKI after pediatric CPB...
- Urinary kidney injury biomarkers and tobramycin clearance among children and young adults with cystic fibrosis: a population pharmacokinetic analysisKevin J Downes
Division of Infectious Diseases, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 72:254-260. 2017..Tobramycin is frequently used for treatment of bronchopneumonia in patients with cystic fibrosis (CF). Variability in tobramycin clearance (CL) is high in this population with few reliable approaches to guide dosing...
- Urinary NGAL in premature infantsAdrian P Lavery
Division of Neonatology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Pediatr Res 64:423-8. 2008..We conclude that urine NGAL is easily obtained in premature infants and that it correlates significantly with both BW and gestational age. The use of urinary NGAL as a biomarker of AKI in premature infants warrants further investigation...
- Urinary biomarker incorporation into the renal angina index early in intensive care unit admission optimizes acute kidney injury prediction in critically ill children: a prospective cohort studyShina Menon
Center for Acute Care Nephrology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital and Medical Center, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 31:586-94. 2016..We previously retrospectively validated the ability of the renal angina index (RAI) to risk-stratify patients and provide context for confirmatory serum biomarker testing for the prediction of severe AKI...