Ryan E Adams
Affiliation: Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Peer Victimization and Educational Outcomes in Mainstreamed Adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)Ryan Adams
Division of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, MLC 4002, Cincinnati, OH, 45229, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 46:3557-3566. 2016..These findings indicate that, in addition to improving overall well-being of students with ASD, reducing peer victimization could have positive effects on educational performance of these students...
- Using self- and parent-reports to test the association between peer victimization and internalizing symptoms in verbally fluent adolescents with ASDRyan E Adams
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Ave, MLC 4002, Cincinnati, OH, 45229, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 44:861-72. 2014..Discussion focuses on the importance of considering adolescent-reports of negative peer experience, such as peer victimization, rather than relying exclusively on parent reports. ..
- The presence of a best friend buffers the effects of negative experiencesRyan E Adams
Division of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Dev Psychol 47:1786-91. 2011..When a best friend was present, there was less change in cortisol and global self-worth due to the negativity of the experience...
- Peer victimization as a predictor of depression and body mass index in obese and non-obese adolescentsRyan E Adams
Educational Studies Program, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45221, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 49:858-66. 2008....
- Electronic and school-based victimization: unique contexts for adjustment difficulties during adolescenceBridget K Fredstrom
Department of Psychology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, 45229, USA
J Youth Adolesc 40:405-15. 2011..The findings suggest that it is important to distinguish between victimization contexts and specific adjustment outcomes as school and health officials continue to battle the effects of peer victimization...
- Validation of the ostracism experience scale for adolescentsRich Gilman
Division of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Psychol Assess 25:319-30. 2013..Further, the OES-A may help determine how social ostracism subtypes differentially predict health-compromising behaviors later in development, as well as factors that protect against the most pernicious effects of ostracism...
- Relationships with mothers and peers moderate the association between childhood sexual abuse and anxiety disordersRyan E Adams
Educational Foundations, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45221 0049, USA
Child Abuse Negl 31:645-56. 2007..That is, positive and supportive experiences were expected to minimize the effects of CSA whereas nonsupportive experiences were expected to magnify them...
- National trends in psychotropic medication use in young children: 1994-2009Vilawan Chirdkiatgumchai
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Ave, Mail Location 4002, Cincinnati, OH 45229
Pediatrics 132:615-23. 2013..To examine recent national trends in psychotropic use for very young children at US outpatient medical visits...