Marc Andre R Chimonas
- Airborne particulate matter from primarily geologic, non-industrial sources at levels below National Ambient Air Quality Standards is associated with outpatient visits for asthma and quick-relief medication prescriptions among children less than 20 years Marc Andre R Chimonas
Division of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Environ Res 103:397-404. 2007..5) in either daily or weekly models. These subtle but statistically significant associations suggest that non-industrial, geologic sources of PM(10) may have measurable health effects at levels below current national standards...
- Passenger behaviors associated with norovirus infection on board a cruise ship--Alaska, May to June 2004Marc Andre R Chimonas
Section of Epidemiology, Division of Public Health, State of Alaska, Anchorage, AK, USA
J Travel Med 15:177-83. 2008..The objectives were to identify a common food item source and explore behavioral risk factors for person-to-person transmission among passengers...
- Public health evaluation of cadmium concentrations in liver and kidney of moose (Alces alces) from four areas of AlaskaScott M Arnold
Alaska Division of Public Health, Section of Epidemiology, 3601 C Street, Suite 540, P O Box 240249, Anchorage, AK 99524 0249, USA
Sci Total Environ 357:103-11. 2006..Human biomonitoring studies are needed in Alaska to determine actual cadmium exposure in populations with a lifelong history of moose liver and kidney consumption...
- Asymptomatic Helicobacter pylori infection and iron deficiency are not associated with decreased growth among Alaska Native children aged 7-11 yearsMarc Andre R Chimonas
US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Office of Workforce and Career Development, Epidemic Intelligence Service Officer, Alaska Division of Public Health, Anchorage, Alaska 99524, USA
Helicobacter 11:159-67. 2006..During a clinical trial to determine the impact of H. pylori treatment on iron deficiency, we evaluated the effects of H. pylori infection and treatment on growth...
- Asthma is associated with preterm birth but not with small for gestational age status among a population-based cohort of Medicaid-enrolled children <10 years of ageBradford D Gessner
Alaska Division of Public Health, Section of Epidemiology, 3601 C Street, Suite 540, PO Box 240249, Anchorage, Alaska 99524, USA
Thorax 62:231-6. 2007..Few population-based studies have evaluated the association between birth weight or gestation and subsequent clinically significant asthma...
- It takes a village: community education predicts paediatric lower-respiratory infection risk better than maternal educationBradford D Gessner
Alaska Division of Public Health, Anchorage, Alaska, USA
J Epidemiol Community Health 64:130-5. 2010..Few studies have evaluated the contribution of community and parental education levels in determining paediatric outcomes, including lower-respiratory infection (LRI), the leading global cause of child mortality...