James E O'Brien
Affiliation: Children's Mercy Hospital
- Gene expression in cardiac tissues from infants with idiopathic conotruncal defectsDouglas C Bittel
Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine, USA
BMC Med Genomics 4:1. 2011....
- Intraoperative hyperglycemia and postoperative bacteremia in the pediatric cardiac surgery patientJames E O'Brien
Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery Department, The Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Kansas City, Missouri 64108, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 89:578-83; discussion 583-4. 2010..The goal of this study was to determine the association of intraoperative hyperglycemia and postoperative bacteremia in the pediatric population...
- The nonfenestrated extracardiac Fontan procedure: a cohort of 145 patientsJames E O'Brien
Cardiovascular Surgery Department, The Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Kansas City, Missouri 64108, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 89:1815-20. 2010..This study examined the clinical experience of a large cohort of patients from a single institution who received this procedure...
- Initial pediatric cardiac experience with decellularized allograft patchesGary K Lofland
Division of Cardiac Surgery, The Children s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, Missouri 64108, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 93:968-71. 2012....
- A tissue-specific gene expression template portrays heart development and pathologyAmy Rodemoyer
The Ward Family Heart Center, Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Hum Genomics 8:6. 2014..Our analysis suggests that the homoeostatic equilibrium assessed by the GET at the inter-organ level is generally maintained at the intra-organ level as well. ..
- Noncoding RNA expression in myocardium from infants with tetralogy of FallotJames E O'Brien
Section of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 5:279-86. 2012....
- Outcomes in children with hypoplastic left heart syndrome undergoing open fundoplicationCarissa L Garey
Department of Surgery, Children s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
J Pediatr Surg 46:859-62. 2011..However, their cardiac physiology may impose high perioperative morbidity and mortality. Therefore, we reviewed our experience with fundoplication in this population to allow for assessment of the risk-benefit ratio...