Amir F Kagalwalla
Affiliation: Children's Memorial Hospital
- Identification of specific foods responsible for inflammation in children with eosinophilic esophagitis successfully treated with empiric elimination dietAmir F Kagalwalla
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Department of Pediatrics, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 53:145-9. 2011..The goal of the present study was to identify specific food antigens responsible for eosinophilic esophageal inflammation in children with EoE who had achieved histological remission with the SFED...
- Cow's milk elimination: a novel dietary approach to treat eosinophilic esophagitisAmir F Kagalwalla
Department of Pediatrics, Ann and Robert H Lurie Children s Hospital of Chicago, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 55:711-6. 2012..We describe our experience with treating eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE) in children by eliminating only cow's milk from their diets...
- Cow's milk protein-induced eosinophilic esophagitis in a child with gluten-sensitive enteropathyAmir F Kagalwalla
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 44:386-8. 2007
- Histopathologic variability in children with eosinophilic esophagitisAmeesh Shah
Childrens s Memorial Hospital, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611 2951, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 104:716-21. 2009..We examined the histopathologic features in a well-defined cohort of children with EoE to derive an optimal number of biopsies needed for diagnosis...
- The oesophageal string test: a novel, minimally invasive method measures mucosal inflammation in eosinophilic oesophagitisGlenn T Furuta
Department of Pediatrics, Gastrointestinal Eosinophilic Diseases Program, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Gut 62:1395-405. 2013..We hypothesised that measurements of luminal eosinophil-derived proteins would correlate with oesophageal mucosal inflammation in children with EoE...
- Effect of six-food elimination diet on clinical and histologic outcomes in eosinophilic esophagitisAmir F Kagalwalla
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Department of Pediatrics, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 4:1097-102. 2006..However, compliance with an exclusive, poor-tasting liquid formulation is difficult...
- Eosinophilic esophagitis: epithelial mesenchymal transition contributes to esophageal remodeling and reverses with treatmentAmir F Kagalwalla
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Memorial Hospital and Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 129:1387-1396.e7. 2012..Mechanisms underlying esophageal remodeling with subepithelial fibrosis in subjects with eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE) have not been delineated...
- Dietary treatment of eosinophilic esophagitisNirmala Gonsalves
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, 676 North Saint Claire, Suite 1400, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Gastroenterol Clin North Am 43:375-83. 2014..Dietary therapy with exclusive elemental diet offers the best response. Cow's milk, wheat, egg, soy, peanut/tree nut, and fish/shellfish are the 6 food antigens most likely to induce esophageal inflammation. ..