Norah L Johnson
Affiliation: Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
- Evaluation of an intimate partner violence curriculum in a pediatric hospitalNorah L Johnson
Departments of Educational Services, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53201, USA
Pediatrics 123:562-8. 2009....
- Children with developmental disabilities at a pediatric hospital: staff education to prevent and manage challenging behaviorsNorah L Johnson
Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 27:742-9. 2012..Relationships of the education and fewer staff injuries, fewer canceled procedures, and decreased use of restraints merit further study...
- Effects on resilience of caregivers of persons with autism spectrum disorder: the role of positive cognitionsAbir K Bekhet
Marquette University College of Nursing, Milwaukee, WI 53233, USA
J Am Psychiatr Nurses Assoc 18:337-44. 2012..Approximately 2.8 million people in the United States are diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Family caregivers manage many aspects of their care, which is demanding, overwhelming, and can affect their mental health...
- Lack of father involvement in research on children with autism spectrum disorder: maternal parenting stress and family functioningNorah L Johnson
Marquette University, College of Nursing, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 34:220-8. 2013..Health care providers can assess for stress and family functioning and may anticipate different needs based on marital status and by father's involvement in decision-making...
- Resilience in family members of persons with autism spectrum disorder: a review of the literatureAbir K Bekhet
Marquette University, College of Nursing, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 33:650-6. 2012..Thus, enhancing resilience among family members of persons with autism may be beneficial to both the caregivers and care recipients...
- How to select the correct education strategy: when not to go onlineCarol G Klingbeil
Education Services, Children s Hospital and Health System, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
J Nurses Staff Dev 25:287-91. 2009..The purpose of this article is to describe a curriculum for intimate partner violence screening based on self-efficacy theory, which includes a hospital-produced video, a role play, and a discussion...