David E Fixler
Affiliation: Children's Medical Center
- Age at referral and mortality from critical congenital heart diseaseDavid E Fixler
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas
Pediatrics 134:e98-e105. 2014..The purpose of this population-based study was to describe the association between timing of referral to a cardiac center and mortality in 2360 liveborn neonates with CCHD...
- Effect of acculturation and distance from cardiac center on congenital heart disease mortalityDavid E Fixler
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Pediatrics 129:1118-24. 2012..The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of home distance to a cardiac center, or having a Latin American-born parent, on first-year mortality in infants with severe CHD...
- Mortality in first 5 years in infants with functional single ventricle born in Texas, 1996 to 2003David E Fixler
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Health Science Center, Dallas, USA
Circulation 121:644-50. 2010..The purpose of this population-based study was to estimate 5-year survival in infants with functional single ventricle, to define factors associated with survival, and to estimate improvement in outcome...
- Aspirin resistance in children with heart disease at risk for thromboembolism: prevalence and possible mechanismsLisa C Heistein
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Cardiology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Children s Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75235, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 29:285-91. 2008..Alternative sources of thromboxane and thromboxane-independent mechanisms, such as ADP-induced platelet activation, may contribute to aspirin resistance...
- Infliximab treatment of intravenous immunoglobulin-resistant Kawasaki diseaseJane C Burns
Department of Pediatrics, University of California San Diego School of Medicine and Rady Children s Hospital San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
J Pediatr 153:833-8. 2008..To investigate the safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetics of the anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha monoclonal antibody infliximab in subjects with intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG)-resistant Kawasaki disease (KD)...
- Pulse oximetry screening at 4 hours of age to detect critical congenital heart defectsDorothy M Sendelbach
Division of aNeonatal Perinatal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics, Dallas, TX 75390 9063, USA
Pediatrics 122:e815-20. 2008..The purpose of this prospective study was to assess the feasibility and reliability of pulse oximetry screening to detect critical congenital heart defects in a newborn nursery...