Affiliation: Children's Memorial Hospital
- REST is a novel prognostic factor and therapeutic target for medulloblastomaPete Taylor
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 11:1713-23. 2012..A REST-dependent decrease in cell growth was also observed following SAHA treatment. Thus, our studies suggest that HDACIs may have therapeutic potential for patients with REST-positive tumors. This warrants further investigation...
- Intensive chemotherapy followed by consolidative myeloablative chemotherapy with autologous hematopoietic cell rescue (AuHCR) in young children with newly diagnosed supratentorial primitive neuroectodermal tumors (sPNETs): report of the Head Start I and IJason Fangusaro
Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 50:312-8. 2008....
- Evaluating the incidence and utility of microscopic metastatic dissemination as diagnosed by lumbar cerebro-spinal fluid (CSF) samples in children with newly diagnosed intracranial ependymomaJason Fangusaro
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology Stem Cell Transplantation, Feinberg School of Medicine, Children s Memorial Hospital, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
J Neurooncol 103:693-8. 2011..Future prospective trials may be helpful in validating this conclusion before eliminating this procedure as part of the standard evaluation in newly diagnosed ependymoma patients...
- Non-cerebellar primitive neuroectodermal tumors (PNET): summary of the Milan consensus and state of the art workshop on marrow ablative chemotherapy with hematopoietic cell rescue for malignant brain tumors of childhood and adolescentsJason Fangusaro
Pediatric Hematology Oncology and Stem Cell Transplantation, Children s Memorial Hospital Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60614, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 54:638-40. 2010..Here we present the international experience treating these patients with a variety of therapies, including marrow ablative chemotherapy followed by autologous hematopoietic cell rescue...
- Pediatric high-grade gliomas and diffuse intrinsic pontine gliomasJason Fangusaro
Department of Hematology Oncology Stem Cell Transplantation, Children s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
J Child Neurol 24:1409-17. 2009....
- Acute transient encephalopathy following paclitaxel treatment in an adolescent with a recurrent suprasellar germinomaJames Rook
Department of Pediatrics, Loma Linda University Children s Hospital, Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, California, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 50:699-700. 2008..We present the case of a 14-year-old female with a recurrent suprasellar germinoma who developed an acute encephalopathy 4-6 hr following paclitaxel infusion...
- Glioblastoma multiforme in a patient with chronic granulomatous disease treated with subtotal resection, radiation, and thalidomide: case report of a long-term survivorDolly G Aguilera
Division of Hematology Oncology and Stem Cell Transplantation, Children s Memorial Hospital, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 31:965-9. 2009..This is the first report of glioblastoma multiforme in a patient with chronic granulomatous disease treated with surgery, radiation, and thalidomide who is a long-term survivor...
- Pediatric central nervous system germ cell tumors: a reviewMaria E Echevarría
Division of Neuro Oncology, Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology and Stem Cell Transplantation, Children s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL, USA
Oncologist 13:690-9. 2008..The standard management for CNS GCTs remains controversial. Treatment regimens aimed to improve progression-free and overall survival times are ongoing...
- Recurrent pure CNS germinoma with markedly elevated serum and cerebrospinal fluid human chorionic gonadotropin-beta (HCGβ)Soumen Khatua
Neural Tumors Program, Center for Cancer and Blood Diseases, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 56:863-4. 2011..This case illustrates the need to re-evaluate the assumption that pathologically pure germinomas may be associated with high levels of HCGβ which are unrelated to nongerminomatous germ cell tumor (NGGCT)/choriocarcinomatous elements...
- Long-term survival in a pediatric patient with supratentorial primitive neuro-ectodermal tumor and extraneural metastasis at diagnosisJeffrey Rubens
Division of Pediatrics, Children s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois 60614, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 57:341-4. 2011..We report long-term survival for a patient with a stPNET and extraneural metastases at diagnosis following an intensive approach to treatment...
- Aggressive variant of a papillary glioneuronal tumor. Report of 2 casesRamin J Javahery
Division of Neurosurgery, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
J Neurosurg Pediatr 3:46-52. 2009..The first patient had dissemination of her tumor and the second had local spreading. Therefore, the authors conclude that papillary glioneuronal tumors do not always behave in a strictly benign fashion...
- Pediatric brain metastasis from extraneural malignancies: a reviewStewart Goldman
Children s Memorial Hospital, Division of Hematology Oncology and Stem Cell Transplantation, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Cancer Treat Res 136:143-68. 2007