Marcia A Chan
Affiliation: Children's Mercy Hospital
- Omalizumab may decrease IgE synthesis by targeting membrane IgE+ human B cellsMarcia A Chan
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Immunology Research, Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Clin Transl Allergy 3:29. 2013..In vitro studies and animal models support the hypothesis that omalizumab inhibits IgE synthesis by B cells and causes elimination of IgE-expressing cells either by induction of apoptosis or induction of anergy or tolerance...
- Asthma-related SNP in FCER2 is associated with increased expression of IL-4R on human B cellsM A Chan
Department of Pediatric Immunology, Children s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, MO, USA
Int J Immunogenet 38:533-8. 2011..Our data suggest that the SNP may favour increased IgE production through increased responsiveness to IL-4 in patients possessing this genotype...
- CD23-mediated cell signaling in human B cells differs from signaling in cells of the monocytic lineageMarcia A Chan
Department of Pediatric Immunology Research, Children s Mercy Hospital and Clinics, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Clin Immunol 137:330-6. 2010..Activation of the tyrosine kinase Fyn and the serine/threonine kinase Akt were only observed in B cells. These results suggest that the CD23-mediated signal transduction pathways in human B cells and human monocytes are different...
- FCER2 (CD23) asthma-related single nucleotide polymorphisms yields increased IgE binding and Egr-1 expression in human B cellsMarcia A Chan
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Immunology Research, Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Kansas City, Missouri
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 50:263-9. 2014..These observations may have implications in mechanisms responsible for the atopic phenotypes observed in patients with asthma who possess this genotype. ..
- The role of CD23 in IgE dependent signaling: implications from pharmacogeneticsLanny J Rosenwasser
Allergy Immunology Division, Children s Mercy Hospital, 2401 Gillham Road, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Trans Am Clin Climatol Assoc 122:27-33. 2011..A discussion of these three findings is presented...
- DNA Methylation Levels Associate with Race and Childhood Asthma SeverityMarcia A Chan
a Division of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, Children s Mercy Hospital, 2401 Gillham Rd, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
J Asthma . 2016..These exposures may manifest through epigenetic mechanisms that can lead to changes in relevant gene expression. We examined the association of global DNA methylation levels with socioeconomic status, asthma severity and race/ethnicity...