Adan A Aguirre
Affiliation: Children's National Medical Center
- Reduced EGFR signaling in progenitor cells of the adult subventricular zone attenuates oligodendrogenesis after demyelinationAdan Aguirre
Center for Neuroscience Research, Children s National Medical Center, 111 Michigan Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20010, USA
Neuron Glia Biol 3:209-20. 2007..Our results demonstrate that the response of NG2(+) cells in the SVZ and their subsequent differentiation in CC after focal demyelination depend on EGFR signaling...
- Downregulation of platelet-derived growth factor-alpha receptor-mediated tyrosine kinase activity as a cellular mechanism for K+-channel regulation during oligodendrocyte development in situRamesh Chittajallu
Center for Neuroscience Research, Children s Research Institute, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Neurosci 25:8601-10. 2005..Together, these data indicate that PDGFR-alpha and tyrosine kinase activity act via a common pathway that influences functional expression of K+ channels and proliferative capacity of OPs in situ...
- Postnatal NG2 proteoglycan-expressing progenitor cells are intrinsically multipotent and generate functional neuronsShibeshih Belachew
Center for Neuroscience Research, Children s Research Institute, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010 2970, USA
J Cell Biol 161:169-86. 2003..These data show that at least a subpopulation of postnatal NG2-expressing cells are CNS multipotent precursors that may underlie adult hippocampal neurogenesis...
- NG2-expressing cells in the subventricular zone are type C-like cells and contribute to interneuron generation in the postnatal hippocampusAdan A Aguirre
Center for Neuroscience Research, Children s Research Institute, Rm 5345, Children s National Medical Center, 111 Michigan Ave, N W, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Cell Biol 165:575-89. 2004....
- Cyclin-dependent kinase-2 controls oligodendrocyte progenitor cell cycle progression and is downregulated in adult oligodendrocyte progenitorsShibeshih Belachew
Laboratory of Cellular and Synaptic Neurophysiology, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4495, USA
J Neurosci 22:8553-62. 2002....
- A role for EGF receptor signaling in oligodendrocyte development and repairAdan Aguirre; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our proposed studies aim to shed light on crucial regulators of oligodendrocyte development and remyelination that are potentially useful in therapeutic strategies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..