Jennifer R Verani
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Geographic variation in the sensitivity of recombinant antigen-based rapid tests for chronic Trypanosoma cruzi infectionJennifer R Verani
Division of Parasitic Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 80:410-5. 2009..The low sensitivity in Peru may be related to parasite strain differences. Chagas disease rapid tests should be field tested in each geographic site before widespread implementation for screening...
- Indirect cohort analysis of 10-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine effectiveness against vaccine-type and vaccine-related invasive pneumococcal diseaseJennifer R Verani
National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia Electronic address
Vaccine 33:6145-8. 2015..The indirect cohort methods leverages existing surveillance is a feasible approach for evaluating pneumococcal conjugate vaccines, particularly in resource-limited settings. ..
- Prevention of perinatal group B streptococcal disease--revised guidelines from CDC, 2010Jennifer R Verani
National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, CDC, 1600 Clifton Road, N E, MS C 23, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
MMWR Recomm Rep 59:1-36. 2010..In the absence of a licensed GBS vaccine, universal screening and intrapartum antibiotic prophylaxis continue to be the cornerstones of early-onset GBS disease prevention...
- Survey of obstetrician-gynecologists in the United States about Chagas diseaseJennifer R Verani
Division of Parasitic Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 83:891-5. 2010..Most of those who did consider the diagnosis did so "rarely." Knowledge of Chagas disease among obstetricians-gynecologists in the United States is limited. Greater awareness may help to detect treatable congenital Chagas cases...
- Group B streptococcal disease in infants: progress in prevention and continued challengesJennifer R Verani
Respiratory Diseases Branch, Division of Bacterial Diseases, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, MS C 23, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Clin Perinatol 37:375-92. 2010..This article discusses implementation challenges for clinicians caring for pregnant women and newborns and presents an updated algorithm for neonatal management...
- National outbreak of Acanthamoeba keratitis associated with use of a contact lens solution, United StatesJennifer R Verani
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 15:1236-42. 2009..Premarket standardized testing of contact lens solutions for activity against Acanthamoeba spp. is warranted...
- Intrapartum antibiotic prophylaxis for the prevention of perinatal group B streptococcal disease: experience in the United States and implications for a potential group B streptococcal vaccineStephanie J Schrag
Division of Bacterial Diseases, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, GA 30333, USA
Vaccine 31:D20-6. 2013..Yet there are also inherent limitations to universal screening and IAP. Some of these could potentially be addressed by an efficacious maternal GBS vaccine. ..
- Early-onset group B streptococcal disease in the United States: potential for further reductionJennifer R Verani
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Georgia Emerging Infections Program Atlanta VA Medical Center, and the Georgia Department of Community Health, Atlanta, Georgia the Emerging Infections Program, New York State Department of Health, Albany, New York the Minnesota Department of Health, St Paul, Minnesota Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland the University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, Denver, Colorado the Connecticut Department of Public Health, Hartford, Connecticut the Oregon Public Health Division, Portland, Oregon and the California Emerging Infections Program, Oakland, California
Obstet Gynecol 123:828-37. 2014....
- Schistosomiasis among young children in Usoma, KenyaJennifer R Verani
Division of Parasitic Diseases and Malaria, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 84:787-91. 2011..Schistosomiasis poses a threat to PSAC in endemic areas, and stool exam may underestimate the prevalence of infection. Control programs in such areas should consider PSAC in addition to SAC...
- Household transmission of 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) and nonpharmaceutical interventions among households of high school students in San Antonio, TexasFleetwood Loustalot
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Office of Workforce and Career Development, Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Clin Infect Dis 52:S146-53. 2011..The 2009 pandemic provided a unique opportunity to study NPIs, and these real-world experiences provide much-needed data to inform pandemic response policy...
- Virus detection and duration of illness among patients with 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) virus infection in TexasAnil Suryaprasad
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Scientific Education and Professional Development Program Office Proposed, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Clin Infect Dis 52:S109-15. 2011..41; 95% CI, .24-.68; P < .001). We detected viral RNA in two participants' stools. All cultures were negative. This investigation suggests that the duration of virus detection was likely similar to the seasonal influenza virus...