Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Laboratory medicine quality indicators: a review of the literatureShahram Shahangian
Laboratory Practice Evaluation and Genomics Branch, Division of Laboratory Systems, National Center for Preparedness, Detection and Control of Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 131:418-31. 2009....
- Results of a survey of hospital coagulation laboratories in the United States, 2001Shahram Shahangian
Division of Laboratory Services, Coordinating Center for Health Information and Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341 3717, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 129:47-60. 2005..Coagulation and bleeding problems are associated with substantial morbidity and mortality, and inappropriate testing practices may lead to bleeding or thrombotic complications...
- Prothrombin time testing practices: adherence to guidelines and standardsShahram Shahangian
CDC, 4770 Buford Hwy, NE, G 23, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Clin Chem 52:793-4. 2006
- Good laboratory practices for molecular genetic testing for heritable diseases and conditionsBin Chen
Division of Laboratory Systems, National Center for Preparedness, Detection, and Control of Infectious Diseases, Coordinating Center for Infectious Diseases, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
MMWR Recomm Rep 58:1-37; quiz CE-1-4. 2009..Improvements in the quality and use of genetic laboratory services should improve the quality of health care and health outcomes for patients and families of patients...
- IQLM and CLMA take a snapshot of America's hospital laboratory quality managementJulie Gayken
Clin Leadersh Manag Rev 19:E2. 2005..Performance comparisons and best practices may then be shared to reduce laboratory errors and improve patient safety...