Thomas M Painter
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Voluntary counseling and testing for couples: a high-leverage intervention for HIV/AIDS prevention in sub-Saharan AfricaT M Painter
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for HIV, STD and TB Prevention, Division of HIV AIDS Prevention Surveillance and Epidemiology, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Soc Sci Med 53:1397-411. 2001..It also identifies areas where applied social/behavioral research is needed to improve knowledge about how couples in sub-Saharan Africa deal with the risks of HIV infection...
- Women's reasons for not participating in follow up visits before starting short course antiretroviral prophylaxis for prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV: qualitative interview studyThomas M Painter
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV, STD and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, NE, Mail Stop E 37, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
BMJ 329:543. 2004....
- Connecting the dots: when the risks of HIV/STD infection appear high but the burden of infection is not known--the case of male Latino migrants in the southern United StatesThomas M Painter
Prevention Research Branch, Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, National Center for Hepatitis, HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, NE, Mailstop E 37, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
AIDS Behav 12:213-26. 2008..There is an urgent need for updated information on HIV/STD infection and the social-behavioral and situational risk factors that affect male Latino migrants in rapid growth states of the South...
- Strategies used by community-based organizations to evaluate their locally developed HIV prevention interventions: Lessons learned from the CDC's innovative interventions projectThomas M Painter
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 22:387-401. 2010....
- Efficacy of a single-session HIV prevention intervention for black women: a group randomized controlled trialDazon Dixon Diallo
SisterLove Inc, P O Box 10558, Atlanta, GA 30310, USA
AIDS Behav 14:518-29. 2010....
- Efficacy of a health educator-delivered HIV prevention intervention for Latina women: a randomized controlled trialGina M Wingood
Department of Behavioral Sciences and Health Education, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Am J Public Health 101:2245-52. 2011....
- Sociodemographic factors associated with participation by HIV-1-positive pregnant women in an intervention to prevent mother-to-child transmission of HIV in Cote d'IvoireT M Painter
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for HIV, STD and TB Prevention, Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Int J STD AIDS 16:237-42. 2005..Greater attention to mitigating the effects of broader structural factors on women's participation in interventions may increase the effectiveness of MTCT prevention in Africa...
- Summary of comments and recommendations from the CDC consultation on the HIV/AIDS Epidemic and prevention in the Hispanic/Latino communityMaria E Alvarez
Office of the Director and Capacity Building Branch, Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, NCHHSTP, CDC, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 21:7-18. 2009....
- Operational research to improve HIV prevention in the United StatesJeffrey H Herbst
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention DHAP, National Center for HIV AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention NCHHSTP, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 59:530-6. 2012..Operational research can help achieve national HIV prevention goals of reducing new infections, improving access to care and optimization of health outcomes of people living with HIV, and reducing HIV-related health disparities...