Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Substandard tuberculosis drugs on the global market and their simple detectionK F Laserson
Division of TB Elimination, National Centers for HIV AIDS, STD and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 5:448-54. 2001..The prevalence of substandard anti-tuberculosis drugs is unknown. To maximize the effectiveness of tuberculosis (TB) control efforts, simple, inexpensive drug quality screening methods are needed...
- Speaking the same language: treatment outcome definitions for multidrug-resistant tuberculosisK F Laserson
Division of Tuberculosis Elimination, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 9:640-5. 2005..However, standard definitions for MDR-TB patient registration and treatment outcomes do not exist...
- Preparing for human papillomavirus vaccine introduction in Kenya: implications from focus-group and interview discussions with caregivers and opinion leaders in Western KenyaAllison L Friedman
U, S, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, 1600 Clifton Road, NE, 30333 Atlanta, GA, USA
BMC Public Health 14:855. 2014..To identify HPV vaccine communication and mobilization needs, this research sought to understand HPV vaccine-related perceptions and concerns of male and female caregivers and community leaders in four rural communities of western Kenya...
- The impact of home-based HIV counseling and testing on care-seeking and incidence of common infectious disease syndromes in rural western KenyaGodfrey Bigogo
Center for Global Health Research, Kenya Medical Research Institute, P, O, Box 1578, 40100 Kisumu, Kenya
BMC Infect Dis 14:376. 2014..However, there is little data on whether knowing one's HIV-positive status necessarily leads to uptake of HIV care, which could in turn, lead to a reduction in the prevalence of common infectious disease syndromes...
- A sham case-control study of effectiveness of DTP-Hib-hepatitis B vaccine against rotavirus acute gastroenteritis in KenyaSammy Khagayi
Kenya Medical Research Institute KEMRI Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC Research and Public Health Collaboration, Kisumu, Kenya
BMC Infect Dis 14:77. 2014....
- Worldwide emergence of extensively drug-resistant tuberculosisN Sarita Shah
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 13:380-7. 2007..9%) met criteria for XDR TB. Further investigation of population-based trends and expanded efforts to prevent drug resistance and effectively treat patients with MDR TB are crucial for protection of public health and control of TB...