Moe H Kyaw
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Effect of introduction of the pneumococcal conjugate vaccine on drug-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniaeMoe H Kyaw
Respiratory Diseases Branch, Division of Bacterial and Mycotic Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, USA
N Engl J Med 354:1455-63. 2006..We examined the effect of this vaccine on invasive disease caused by resistant strains...
- Adults with invasive pneumococcal disease: missed opportunities for vaccinationMoe H Kyaw
Respiratory Diseases Branch, Division of Bacterial and Mycotic Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Am J Prev Med 31:286-92. 2006..Missed opportunities for vaccination were defined as one or more visits to a hospital, emergency room (ER), or main provider in the 2 years before infection among unvaccinated, adult IPD case-patients with a vaccine indication...
- Invasive pneumococcal disease in Scotland, 1999-2001: use of record linkage to explore associations between patients and disease in relation to future vaccination policyMoe H Kyaw
Scottish Centre for Infection and Environmental Health, Glasgow, Scotland
Clin Infect Dis 37:1283-91. 2003..The proportion of IPD due to the 7-, 9-, and 11-valent conjugate vaccine serogroups was lower among older people and persons with underlying medical conditions...
- The influence of chronic illnesses on the incidence of invasive pneumococcal disease in adultsMoe H Kyaw
Division of Bacterial and Mycotic Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Infect Dis 192:377-86. 2005..These data support recommendations to provide pneumococcal vaccine to persons in these at-risk groups and underscore the need for better prevention strategies for immunocompromised persons...
- Evaluation of severe infection and survival after splenectomyMoe H Kyaw
Public Health Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland
Am J Med 119:276.e1-7. 2006..Splenectomized patients are known to be at risk of severe infection, but the extent of risk is unclear. We evaluated the incidence of severe infection and survival in 1648 splenectomized patients...
- Preventability of invasive pneumococcal disease and assessment of current polysaccharide vaccine recommendations for adults: United States, 2001-2003Carolyn M Greene
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Clin Infect Dis 43:141-50. 2006..Our objectives were to determine the proportion of IPD cases that might have been prevented if all persons with vaccine indications had been vaccinated and to evaluate new indications...
- Prevalence of penicillin non-susceptible invasive pneumococcal disease in the elderly in Scotland, 1992-99Moe H Kyaw
Public Health Sciences, University of Edinburgh, UK
Scand J Infect Dis 34:559-63. 2002....
- Invasive meningococcal disease in Scotland, 1994 to 1999, with emphasis on group B meningococcal diseaseMoe H Kyaw
Public Health Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Clin Microbiol 40:1834-7. 2002..The six common PorB proteins (4, 1, 15, 2B, 12, and 21) and PorA proteins (serosubtypes) (P1.4, P1.15, P1.9, P1.14, P1.7, and P1.16) accounted for 50 and 51% of all group B isolates, respectively, during the study period...
- The changing epidemiology of bacterial meningitis and invasive non-meningitic bacterial disease in scotland during the period 1983-99Moe H Kyaw
Public Health Sciences, University of Edinburgh, UK
Scand J Infect Dis 34:289-98. 2002....
- Influenza and pneumococcal vaccination in Scottish nursing homes: coverage, policies and reasons for receipt and non-receipt of vaccineMoe H Kyaw
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Vaccine 20:2516-22. 2002....
- Long-term persistence of mumps antibody after receipt of 2 measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccinations and antibody response after a third MMR vaccination among a university populationAnand A Date
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Infect Dis 197:1662-8. 2008..High attack rates among vaccinated young adults reported during the 2006 mumps outbreak in the United States heightened concerns regarding mumps vaccine failure...
- Guidance for isolation precautions for mumps in the United States: a review of the scientific basis for policy changePreeta K Kutty
Division of Viral Diseases, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Department of Health and Human Services, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Clin Infect Dis 50:1619-28. 2010..Updated guidance, released in 2007-2008, changed the mumps isolation period from 9 to 5 days. It is now recommended that mumps patients be isolated and standard and droplet precautions be followed for 5 days after parotitis onset...
- Health care utilization for pneumonia in young children after routine pneumococcal conjugate vaccine use in the United StatesFangjun Zhou
National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Rd NE, Mail Stop E 52, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 161:1162-8. 2007..To estimate the effect of 7-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV7) on rates of pneumonia-related health care utilization and costs in children younger than 2 years...
- Cost of hospital management of Clostridium difficile infection in United States-a meta-analysis and modelling studyShanshan Zhang
Usher Institute of Population Health Sciences and Informatics, University of Edinburgh, Medical School, Teviot Place, Edinburgh, EH8 9AG, UK
BMC Infect Dis 16:447. 2016..Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) is the leading cause of infectious nosocomial diarrhoea but the economic costs of CDI on healthcare systems in the US remain uncertain...
- Infection prevention and control of Clostridium difficile: a global review of guidelines, strategies, and recommendationsEvelyn Balsells
Centre for Global Health Research, Usher Institute of Population Health Sciences and Informatics, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland UK
J Glob Health 6:020410. 2016....
- Mumps surveillance and prevention: putting mumps back on our radar screenMoe H Kyaw
Cleve Clin J Med 74:13-5. 2007