Andrea A Kim
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Short communication: HIV incidence among vulnerable populations in Honduras: results from an integrated behavioral and biological survey among female sex workers, men who have sex with men, and Garifuna in Honduras, 2006Andrea A Kim
HHS Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Division of Global HIV AIDS, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 29:516-9. 2013..Targeted programs on HIV prevention, care, and treatment are urgently needed for the MSM population. Continued support for existing prevention programs for FSWs and Garifuna are recommended...
- Adverse Events in HIV-Infected Persons Receiving Antiretroviral Drug Regimens in a Large Urban Slum in Nairobi, Kenya, 2003-2005Andrea A Kim
Global AIDS Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Int Assoc Physicians AIDS Care (Chic) 6:206-9. 2007..This article describes toxicities to antiretroviral therapy (ART) among HIV-infected patients receiving care at a clinic in a large urban slum in Nairobi, Kenya...
- HIV infection among internally displaced women and women residing in river populations along the Congo River, Democratic Republic of CongoAndrea A Kim
National Center for HIV, Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
AIDS Behav 13:914-20. 2009..Targeted prevention, care, and treatment services are urgently needed for the IDP population and surrounding host communities during displacement and resettlement...
- Evaluating the BED capture enzyme immunoassay to estimate HIV incidence among adults in three countries in sub-Saharan AfricaAndrea A Kim
Global AIDS Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 26:1051-61. 2010..Until improved assays are available, caution should be applied in the use and interpretation of data from incidence assays...
- Estimating HIV incidence among adults in Kenya and Uganda: a systematic comparison of multiple methodsAndrea A Kim
HHS Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e17535. 2011..Several approaches have been used for measuring HIV incidence in large areas, yet each presents specific challenges in incidence estimation...
- Correlates of bisexual behaviors among men who have sex with men in El SalvadorEvelyn J Kim
Division of Global HIV AIDS, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road NE, MS E 30, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
AIDS Behav 17:1279-87. 2013..22-0.75). Bisexual behavior was associated with risk behaviors with male and female partners that may be associated with HIV and STI transmission. Bisexual men displayed a distinct identity calling for tailored interventions...
- Populations at increased risk for HIV infection in Kenya: results from a national population-based household survey, 2012George Githuka
National AIDS and Sexually Transmitted Infection Control STI Programme, Ministry of Health, Nairobi, Kenya Division of Global HIV AIDS, Center for Global Health, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA Division of Global HIV AIDS, Center for Global Health, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Nairobi, Kenya and National AIDS Control Council, Nairobi, Kenya
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 66:S46-56. 2014..Populations with higher risks for HIV exposure contribute to the HIV epidemic in Kenya. We present data from the second Kenya AIDS Indicator Survey to estimate the size and HIV prevalence of populations with high-risk characteristics...
- Factors associated with HIV infection in married or cohabitating couples in Kenya: results from a nationally representative studyReinhard Kaiser
Center for Global Health, Division of Global HIV AIDS, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Nairobi, Kenya
PLoS ONE 6:e17842. 2011..In order to inform prevention programming, we analyzed HIV discordance and concordance within couples in the Kenya AIDS Indicator Survey (KAIS) 2007...
- Performance and comparison of self-reported STI symptoms among high-risk populations - MSM, sex workers, persons living with HIV/AIDS - in El SalvadorNeha S Shah
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Int J STD AIDS 25:984-91. 2014..Reliance on self-reported symptoms may not be an effective screening strategy for these populations. STI prevention studies should focus on symptom recognition and consider routine screening and referral for high-risk populations...
- Detection of recent HIV-1 infection using a new limiting-antigen avidity assay: potential for HIV-1 incidence estimates and avidity maturation studiesYen T Duong
Division of Global HIV AIDS, Center for Global Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e33328. 2012..We previously described a single-well limiting-antigen avidity enzyme immunoassay (LAg-Avidity EIA) to detect recent HIV-1 infection...
- Prevalence of infection with hepatitis B and C viruses and co-infection with HIV in three jails: a case for viral hepatitis prevention in jails in the United StatesKaren A Hennessey
Division of Viral Hepatitis, National Center for HIV AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD and TB Prevention NCHHSTP, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Urban Health 86:93-105. 2009..The finding that hepatitis B vaccination coverage among jail entrants is lower than the general population, despite this population's increased risk for infection, highlights the need to support vaccination in jail settings...
- Recalibration of the limiting antigen avidity EIA to determine mean duration of recent infection in divergent HIV-1 subtypesYen T Duong
International Laboratory Branch, Division of Global HIV AIDS, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0114947. 2015..We present here results of recalibration efforts using >250 seroconversion panels and multiple statistical methods to ensure accuracy and consensus...