Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- In vivo efficacy of artemether-lumefantrine and chloroquine against Plasmodium vivax: a randomized open label trial in central EthiopiaJimee Hwang
Malaria Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e63433. 2013..In Ethiopia, chloroquine (CQ) without primaquine is the first-line treatment for Plasmodium vivax in malarious areas, but artemether-lumefantrine (AL) is also commonly used...
- Malaria indicator survey 2007, Ethiopia: coverage and use of major malaria prevention and control interventionsDaddi Jima
Diseases Prevention and Control Department, Federal Ministry of Health, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Malar J 9:58. 2010....
- Comparison of national malaria surveillance system with the national notifiable diseases surveillance system in the United StatesJimee Hwang
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 15:345-51. 2009..Before adoption of this new system, an evaluation of the existing systems for state-level reporting of malaria data to the CDC was conducted...
- Knowledge of malaria and its association with malaria-related behaviors--results from the Malaria Indicator Survey, Ethiopia, 2007Jimee Hwang
U S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e11692. 2010....
- In vivo efficacy of artemether-lumefantrine against uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria in Central EthiopiaJimee Hwang
U S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Malar J 10:209. 2011..In Ethiopia, artemether-lumefantrine (AL) has been the first-line treatment for uncomplicated P. falciparum malaria since 2004...
- Factors associated with mosquito net use by individuals in households owning nets in EthiopiaPatricia M Graves
The Carter Center, Atlanta, GA, USA
Malar J 10:354. 2011..It is important to understand individual level net use factors in the context of the home to modify programmes so as to maximize net use...
- Mass drug administration for malariaEugenie Poirot
Malaria Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Highway, NE, Mailstop F 22, Atlanta, GA, USA, 30341
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 12:CD008846. 2013..With renewed interest in MDA and its role in malaria elimination, this review aims to summarize the findings from existing research studies and program experiences of MDA strategies for reducing malaria burden and transmission...
- Which nets are being used: factors associated with mosquito net use in Amhara, Oromia and Southern Nations, Nationalities and Peoples' Regions of EthiopiaJeremiah M Ngondi
The Carter Center, Atlanta, GA, USA
Malar J 10:92. 2011..This study aimed to investigate factors associated with net use at two time points, before and after mass distribution of nets...
- Review of mass drug administration for malaria and its operational challengesGretchen Newby
The Malaria Elimination Initiative, Global Health Group, University of California, San Francisco, California Malaria Branch and Division of Parasitic Diseases and Malaria, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom Mahidol Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Unit, Bangkok, Thailand Australian Army Malaria Institute, Enoggera, Australia Division of Infectious Diseases, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland
Am J Trop Med Hyg 93:125-34. 2015..Despite these gaps, MDA has been used successfully to control and eliminate Plasmodium falciparum and P. vivax malaria in the past, and should be considered as part of a comprehensive malaria elimination strategy in specific settings. ..