La Mar Hasbrouck
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Surveillance of interpersonal violence in Kingston, Jamaica: an evaluationLa Mar Hasbrouck
Epidemic Intelligence Service EIS Program, Epidemiology Program Office, Division of Violence Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, GA, USA
Inj Control Saf Promot 9:249-53. 2002..With modification and expansion, the system may be capable of collecting unintentional-injury data also...
- Use of epidemiology in clinical medical publications, 1983-1999: a citation analysisLa Mar Hasbrouck
Division of Violence Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Am J Epidemiol 157:399-408. 2003..This analysis suggests an increasing interchange of information between epidemiologists and clinicians specializing in certain fields, uncovering potential research opportunities for epidemiologists...
- Superinfection following smallpox vaccination (Vaccinia), United States: surveillance January 2003 through January 2004Claudia Vellozzi
National Immunization Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Clin Infect Dis 39:1660-6. 2004..Superinfection is an adverse event following smallpox vaccination. The clinical presentation is similar to that of a large normal vaccine reaction or "robust take," and the frequency is unknown...
- Adverse events associated with smallpox vaccination in the United States, January-October 2003Christine G Casey
Smallpox Vaccine Adverse Event Monitoring and Response Activity, Epidemiology and Surveillance Division, National Immunization Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
JAMA 294:2734-43. 2005....
- Ischemic cardiac events during the Department of Health and Human Services Smallpox Vaccination Program, 2003David L Swerdlow
Smallpox Vaccine Adverse Events Monitoring and Response Activity, National Immunization Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Clin Infect Dis 46:S234-41. 2008..10; 95% PI, 3.5-15.7). After persons with >/=3 cardiac risk factors or known heart disease were deferred from vaccination, no ICEs were reported among an additional 6638 vaccinees...