Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Nucleic acid amplification tests for diagnosis of tuberculous meningitisAlula Hadgu
Division of STD Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, GA, Atlanta 30333, USA
Lancet Infect Dis 4:9-10; discussion 11-2. 2004
- Evaluation of nucleic acid amplification tests in the absence of a perfect gold-standard test: a review of the statistical and epidemiologic issuesAlula Hadgu
Division of STD Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Epidemiology 16:604-12. 2005..6% and, on the basis of an optimistic prior, the specificity was 95.3%. Similarly, the sensitivity estimates ranged from 88.1% to 89.6%...
- Reproducibility and specificity concerns associated with nucleic acid amplification tests for detecting Chlamydia trachomatisA Hadgu
Division of STD Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 28:9-15. 2009..Finally, we will discuss some of the potential clinical and public health implications of testing by NAATs...
- Evaluation of screening tests for detecting Chlamydia trachomatis: bias associated with the patient-infected-status algorithmAlula Hadgu
Division of STD Prevention, National Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Epidemiology 23:72-82. 2012..In addition, the PISA-based estimates of sensitivity and specificity change markedly as the true prevalence changes. We recommend that PISA should not be used for estimating the sensitivity and specificity of tests...
- A GEE approach to estimating sensitivity and specificity and coverage properties of the confidence intervalsM R Sternberg
CDC, 1600 Clifton Road, Mailstop E 63, Atlanta, GA 30033, USA
Stat Med 20:1529-39. 2001..In addition, we use simulations to investigate the estimated coverage rates of the delta method and the back-transformation approach. Published in 2001 by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd...
- Prevalence of genital chlamydial infection in young women entering a national job training program, 1990-1997K J Mertz
Division of STD Prevention, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Public Health 91:1287-90. 2001....
- Issues in Chlamydia trachomatis testing by nucleic acid amplification testAlula Hadgu
J Infect Dis 193:1335-6; author reply 1338-9. 2006