Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Respiratory morbidity in office workers in a water-damaged buildingJean M Cox-Ganser
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Morgantown, West Virginia 26505, USA
Environ Health Perspect 113:485-90. 2005..Occupancy of the water-damaged building was associated with onset and exacerbation of respiratory conditions, confirmed by objective medical tests. The morbidity and lost work time burdened both employees and employers...
- Silicosis in lymph nodes: the canary in the miner?Jean M Cox-Ganser
Division of Respiratory Disease Studies, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Morgantown, WV, USA
J Occup Environ Med 51:164-9. 2009..To investigate evidence that lymph node silicosis can precede parenchymal silicosis...
- Correcting diacetyl concentrations from air samples collected with NIOSH method 2557Jean Cox-Ganser
Division of Respiratory Disease Studies, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1095 Willowdale Road, Morgantown, WV 26505 2888, USA
J Occup Environ Hyg 8:59-70. 2011..With this correction procedure, quantitative risk assessment for diacetyl can proceed using corrected exposure levels for air samples previously collected and analyzed using NIOSH Method 2557 for airborne diacetyl...
- Respirator donning in post-hurricane New OrleansKristin J Cummings
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Morgantown, West Virginia 26505, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 13:700-7. 2007..99, 95% CI, 1.20-3.28); and having participated in mold clean-up (OR 1.82; 95% CI,1.00-3.41). Interventions to improve respirator donning should be considered in planning for influenza epidemics and disasters...
- 0041 Associations of thermophilic actinomycetes and non-tuberculous mycobacteria with respiratory health in occupants of a water-damaged office buildingJu Hyeong Park
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Morgantown, WV, USA
Occup Environ Med 71:A63. 2014..We examined microbial correlates of health outcomes in employees in a building with a sarcoidosis cluster and excess asthma...
- Health effects of exposure to water-damaged New Orleans homes six months after Hurricanes Katrina and RitaKristin J Cummings
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Public Health 98:869-75. 2008..We investigated the relation between respiratory symptoms and exposure to water-damaged homes and the effect of respirator use in posthurricane New Orleans, Louisiana...