Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Estimation of multi-state life table functions and their variability from complex survey data using the SPACE ProgramLiming Cai
Office of Analysis and Epidemiology, National Center for Health Statistics 3311 Toledo Road, Room 6330, Hyattsville, MD 20782 tel 301 458 4133
Demogr Res 22:129-158. 2010..The bootstrap method takes sample design into account to correct the potential bias in variance estimates...
- Was there compression of disability for older Americans from 1992 to 2003?Liming Cai
Office of Analysis and Epidemiology, National Center for Health Statistics, 3311 Toledo Road, Room 6330, Hyattsville, MD 20782, USA
Demography 44:479-95. 2007..These trends are consistent with elements of both the theory of compression of morbidity and the theory of dynamic equilibrium...
- Evaluation of a method for fitting a semi-Markov process model in the presence of left-censored spells using the Cardiovascular Health StudyLiming Cai
National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Hyattsville, MD 20782, USA
Stat Med 27:5509-24. 2008..SMP-EM estimates of duration-dependent transition probabilities also appear more accurate and less variable than multi-state life table estimates...
- The predicted effects of chronic obesity in middle age on medicare costs and mortalityLiming Cai
National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Eastsound, WA, USA
Med Care 48:510-7. 2010..The prevalence of adult obesity has increased in recent decades. It is important to predict the long-term effect of body weight, and changes in body weight, in middle age on longevity and Medicare costs in older ages...
- Health, life expectancy, and health care spending among the elderlyJames Lubitz
Office of Analysis, Epidemiology, and Health Promotion, National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Hyattsville, MD 20782, USA
N Engl J Med 349:1048-55. 2003..We estimated the relation of health status at 70 years of age to life expectancy and to cumulative health care expenditures from the age of 70 until death...
- The effect of different public health interventions on longevity, morbidity, and years of healthy lifePaula Diehr
Departments of Biostatistics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
BMC Public Health 7:52. 2007..Here, we compare the benefits of such types of public health interventions...