Anne E Boyer
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The use of Endopep-MS for the detection of botulinum toxins A, B, E, and F in serum and stool samplesSuzanne R Kalb
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Environmental Health Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Anal Biochem 351:84-92. 2006..The limits of detection in spiked stool extracts are somewhat higher due to the high-protease environment of stool extract that also requires use of protease inhibitors. The entire method can be performed in as short a time as 4 h...
- From the mouse to the mass spectrometer: detection and differentiation of the endoproteinase activities of botulinum neurotoxins A-G by mass spectrometryAnne E Boyer
National Center for Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Highway, NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30341 3724, USA
Anal Chem 77:3916-24. 2005..039 to 0.625 mouse LD(50)/mL for toxin types A, B, E, and F in a buffer system. The Endopep-MS assay is the first to differentiate all seven BoNT types, is sensitive, specific, and has the potential to quantify toxin activity...
- Lethal factor toxemia and anti-protective antigen antibody activity in naturally acquired cutaneous anthraxAnne E Boyer
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
J Infect Dis 204:1321-7. 2011..This is the first report of quantitative analysis of serum LF in cutaneous anthrax and the first to associate acute stage toxemia with subsequent antitoxin antibody responses...
- Botulinum neurotoxin detection and differentiation by mass spectrometryJohn R Barr
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 11:1578-83. 2005..62 MLD50/mL. A high-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method for quantifying active toxin, where the amount of toxin can be correlated to the amount of product peptides, is also described...
- Comparison of MALDI-TOF-MS and HPLC-ESI-MS/MS for endopeptidase activity-based quantification of Anthrax lethal factor in serumZsuzsanna Kuklenyik
National Center for Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, United States
Anal Chem 83:1760-5. 2011..99 (r(2) = 0.997) and -0.25% mean relative difference (±9% standard deviation). This study shows that isotope dilution MALDI-TOF-MS is a robust and precise quantitative MS platform...
- A rapid, sensitive method for the quantitation of specific metabolites of sulfur mustard in human urine using isotope-dilution gas chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryCarrie L Young
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Environmental Health, 4770 Buford Highway NE, Mailstop F 47, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
J Anal Toxicol 28:339-45. 2004..Relative standard deviations were less than 8.6% at 1 ng/mL and 3.6% at 20 ng/mL. The limit of detection for SBMTE was 0.038 ng/mL in 0.5 mL of urine...
- Kinetics of lethal factor and poly-D-glutamic acid antigenemia during inhalation anthrax in rhesus macaquesAnne E Boyer
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Infect Immun 77:3432-41. 2009..This study emphasizes the value of LF detection as a tool for early diagnosis of inhalation anthrax before the onset of fulminant systemic infection...
- High-sensitivity MALDI-TOF MS quantification of anthrax lethal toxin for diagnostics and evaluation of medical countermeasuresAnne E Boyer
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, 30341, USA
Anal Bioanal Chem 407:2847-58. 2015..This demonstrated the importance of LTx as a diagnostic and therapeutic target. This method provides a sensitive, accurate tool for anthrax toxin detection and evaluation of PA-directed therapeutics...
- Antibody responses to a spore carbohydrate antigen as a marker of nonfatal inhalation anthrax in rhesus macaquesElke Saile
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Division of Bacterial Diseases, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 18:743-8. 2011..These data suggest that anti-ATS antibody responses may be used to identify aerosol exposure to B. anthracis spores. The anti-ATS antibody responses were detectable during administration of ciprofloxacin...
- Detection and quantification of anthrax lethal factor in serum by mass spectrometryAnne E Boyer
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Environmental Health, Division of Laboratory Sciences, 4770 Buford Highway, NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Anal Chem 79:8463-70. 2007..This method represents a highly specific and rapid diagnostic tool for early anthrax and has a potential additional role as a research tool for understanding toxemia and effects of medical countermeasures for anthrax...
- Quantitative mass spectrometry for bacterial protein toxins--a sensitive, specific, high-throughput tool for detection and diagnosisAnne E Boyer
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Hwy, NE, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Molecules 16:2391-413. 2011..We also describe potential applications to diseases of high public health impact, including Clostridium difficile glucosylating toxins and the Bordetella pertussis adenylyl cyclase...
- Anthrax Toxin-Expressing Bacillus cereus Isolated from an Anthrax-Like EscharChung K Marston
National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, United States of America
PLoS ONE 11:e0156987. 2016..cereus infection which resulted in the detection of anthrax lethal factor toxemia, a quantifiable serum antibody response to protective antigen (PA), and lethal toxin neutralization activity. ..
- Survey of albumin purification methods for the analysis of albumin-organic toxicant adducts by liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization-tandem mass spectrometryCarrie L Young
National Center for Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Highway NE, MS F47 Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Proteomics 5:4973-9. 2005....
- Mass Spectrometric Detection of Bacterial Protein Toxins and Their Enzymatic ActivitySuzanne R Kalb
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Hwy NE, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Toxins (Basel) 7:3497-511. 2015..Such methods have become important diagnostics for botulism and anthrax. Here, we review mass spectrometry based methods for the enzymatic activity of BoNT and the anthrax lethal factor toxin. ..
- Quantitation of the sulfur mustard metabolites 1,1'-sulfonylbis[2-(methylthio)ethane] and thiodiglycol in urine using isotope-dilution Gas chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryAnne E Boyer
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Environmental Health, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
J Anal Toxicol 28:327-32. 2004..The geometric mean concentration of TDG was 3.43 ng/mL, with concentrations ranging from < 0.5 ng/mL to 20 ng/mL...