Anna B Bowen
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- A cluster-randomized controlled trial evaluating the effect of a handwashing-promotion program in Chinese primary schoolsAnna Bowen
National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 76:1166-73. 2007..2 days (P = 0.03) of absence per 100 student-weeks. Provision of a large-scale handwashing promotion program and soap was associated with significantly reduced absenteeism. Similar programs could improve the health of children worldwide...
- Sustained improvements in handwashing indicators more than 5 years after a cluster-randomised, community-based trial of handwashing promotion in Karachi, PakistanAnna Bowen
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Trop Med Int Health 18:259-67. 2013..To evaluate handwashing behaviour 5 years after a handwashing intervention in Karachi, Pakistan...
- Association between intensive handwashing promotion and child development in Karachi, Pakistan: a cluster randomized controlled trialAnna Bowen
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 166:1037-44. 2012..To evaluate associations between handwashing promotion and child growth and development...
- Infections associated with cantaloupe consumption: a public health concernA Bowen
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Infectious Disease, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Epidemiol Infect 134:675-85. 2006....
- Invasive Enterobacter sakazakii disease in infantsAnna B Bowen
Foodborne and Diarrheal Diseases Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 12:1185-9. 2006..Formula samples associated with 15 (68%) of 22 cases yielded E. sakazakii; in 13 cases, clinical and formula strains were indistinguishable. Further clarification of clinical risk factors and improved powdered formula safety is needed...
- Outbreaks of short-incubation ocular and respiratory illness following exposure to indoor swimming poolsAnna B Bowen
Enteric Diseases Epidemiology Branch, National Center for Zoonotic, Vector borne and Enteric Disease, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333 USA
Environ Health Perspect 115:267-71. 2007..Chlorination destroys pathogens in swimming pool water, but by-products of chlorination can cause human illness. We investigated outbreaks of ocular and respiratory symptoms associated with chlorinated indoor swimming pools at two hotels...
- A waterborne outbreak of gastroenteritis with multiple etiologies among resort island visitors and residents: Ohio, 2004Ciara E O'Reilly
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Office of Workforce and Career Development, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Clin Infect Dis 44:506-12. 2007..In August 2004, we investigated an outbreak of gastroenteritis on South Bass Island, Ohio, an island of 900 residents that is visited by >500,000 persons each year...