Affiliation: Center for Multicultural Mental Health Research
- Quality of follow-up after hospitalization for mental illness among patients from racial-ethnic minority groupsNicholas J Carson
Dr Carson and Dr Cook are with the Center for Multicultural Mental Health Research, Cambridge Health Alliance, Somerville, Massachusetts, and with the Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston e mail At the time of this research, Dr Vesper was with the Department of Statistics, Harvard Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Cambridge, Massachusetts Dr Chen is with the Department of Economics, National Taipei University, Taipei, Taiwan
Psychiatr Serv 65:888-96. 2014..This study assessed the quality of outpatient treatment episodes following inpatient psychiatric treatment among blacks, whites, and Latinos in the United States...
- Use and quality of mental health services for Haitian youthNicholas J Carson
Center for Multicultural Mental Health Research, 120 Beacon Street, 4th Floor, Somerville, MA 02143, USA
Ethn Health 16:567-82. 2011..Groups are compared on adherence to treatment guidelines for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and depressive disorders...
- Assessment of physical illness by mental health clinicians during intake visitsNicholas Carson
Center for Multicultural Mental Health Research, Cambridge Health Alliance, Somerville, MA 02143, USA
Psychiatr Serv 61:32-7. 2010..This study explored how mental health clinicians assess and respond to physical illness among patients presenting for mental health intake evaluations...
- Social determinants of mental health treatment among Haitian, African American, and White youth in community health centersNicholas Carson
Department of Psychiatry at the Harvard Medical School Cambridge HealthAlliance, Somerville, MA 02143, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 21:32-48. 2010..Socioeconomic factors and insurance status were significant determinants of care. Haitians living in poverty in the U.S. may face barriers to mental health services relative to other racial/ethnic groups...
- Assessing racial/ethnic differences in the social consequences of early-onset psychiatric disorderBenjamin Lê Cook
Harvard Medical School Psychiatry and Cambridge Health Alliance, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 21:49-66. 2010..Increasing early detection and treatment of psychiatric illness should be prioritized. Further study will clarify the association between onset and social outcomes among sub-ethnic populations...
- Assessing racial/ethnic disparities in treatment across episodes of mental health careBENJAMIN LE COOK
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Center for Multicultural Mental Health Research, 120 Beacon Street, 4th Floor, Somerville, MA, 02143
Health Serv Res 49:206-29. 2014..To investigate disparities in mental health care episodes, aligning our analyses with decisions to start or drop treatment, and choices made during treatment...