Genomes and Genes
Lance A Bare
Affiliation: Celera Genomics
- Five common gene variants identify elevated genetic risk for coronary heart diseaseLance A Bare
Celera, Alameda, California 94502, USA
Genet Med 9:682-9. 2007....
- Investigation of KIF6 Trp719Arg in a case-control study of myocardial infarction: a Costa Rican populationLance A Bare
Celera, Alameda, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:. 2010..We tested the association between the KIF6 719Arg allele and non-fatal MI by conditional logistic regression and adjusted for admixture of founder populations...
- Gene variants associated with ischemic stroke: the cardiovascular health studyMay M Luke
Celera, Alameda, California 94502, USA
Stroke 40:363-8. 2009..The purpose of this study was to determine whether 74 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs), which had been associated with coronary heart disease, are associated with incident ischemic stroke...
- Association of gene variants with incident myocardial infarction in the Cardiovascular Health StudyDov Shiffman
Celera, 1401 Harbor Bay Parkway, Alameda, CA 94502, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:173-9. 2008....
- Gene variants of VAMP8 and HNRPUL1 are associated with early-onset myocardial infarctionDov Shiffman
Celera Inc, 1401 Harbor Bay Pkwy, Alameda, California 94502, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:1613-8. 2006..Identify gene variants associated with early-onset myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Genetic risk for atrial fibrillation could motivate patient adherence to warfarin therapy: a cost effectiveness analysisDov Shiffman
Quest Diagnostics, 1401 Harbor Bay Parkway, Alameda, CA, 94502, USA
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 15:104. 2015..As a prelude to a potential prospective clinical study, we investigated whether the use of genetic information to increase adherence could be cost effective...
- Genetic variants in the KIF6 region and coronary event reduction from statin therapyYonghong Li
Hum Genet 129:17-23. 2011..These three SNPs are in high linkage disequilibrium with one another (r (2) > 0.84). Functional studies of these variants may help to understand the role of KIF6 in the pathogenesis of CHD and differential response to statin therapy...
- Cost Effectiveness of Sequencing 34 Cancer-Associated Genes as an Aid for Treatment Selection in Patients with Metastatic MelanomaYonghong Li
Quest Diagnostics, Alameda and San Juan Capistrano, Alameda, CA, 94502, USA
Mol Diagn Ther 19:169-77. 2015..To determine whether a next-generation sequencing (NGS) panel of 34 cancer-associated genes would cost-effectively aid in the treatment selection for patients with metastatic melanoma, compared with a single-site BRAF V600 mutation test...
- Prediction of coronary heart disease risk using a genetic risk score: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities StudyAlanna C Morrison
Human Genetics Center and Division of Epidemiology, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Epidemiol 166:28-35. 2007..This study demonstrates the concept of aggregating information from multiple single nucleotide polymorphisms into a risk score and indicates that it can improve prediction of incident CHD in the ARIC study...
- Obstetric complications in patients with hereditary thrombophilia identified using the LCx microparticle enzyme immunoassay: a controlled study of 5,000 patientsOlivier Kocher
Department of Pathology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 127:68-75. 2007..These results confirm the association between genetic thrombophilia and selected obstetric complications...
- Gene variants associated with deep vein thrombosisIrene D Bezemer
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
JAMA 299:1306-14. 2008..The genetic causes of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) are not fully understood...