Affiliation: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- HER kinase axis receptor dimer partner switching occurs in response to EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibition despite failure to block cellular proliferationAnjali Jain
Sumner M Redstone Prostate Cancer Research Program, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
Cancer Res 70:1989-99. 2010..Furthermore, EGFR kinase inhibition induces HER kinase receptors to engage in alternative dimerization that can ultimately influence therapeutic selection and responsiveness...
- Beta-2-microglobulin expression correlates with high-grade prostate cancer and specific defects in androgen signalingSheldon R Mink
Louis Warschaw Prostate Cancer Center, Sumner M Redstone Prostate Cancer Research Program, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
Prostate 70:1201-10. 2010..In this study, we explore an interaction between beta2M expression, prostate cancer tissue, and the androgen signaling axis...
- Pharmacologic inhibition of Pim kinases alters prostate cancer cell growth and resensitizes chemoresistant cells to taxanesShannon M Mumenthaler
Sumner M Redstone Prostate Cancer Research Program, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 8:2882-93. 2009..These findings support the idea that inhibiting Pim kinases, in combination with a chemotherapeutic agent, could play an important role in prostate cancer treatment by targeting the clinical problem of chemoresistance...
- 2C4, a monoclonal antibody against HER2, disrupts the HER kinase signaling pathway and inhibits ovarian carcinoma cell growthNoriyuki Takai
Division of Hematology Oncology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Cancer 104:2701-8. 2005..HER2 is a ligand-less member of the HER family that functions as the preferred coreceptor for epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), HER3, and HER4...
- Quantitative proteomic profiling identifies protein correlates to EGFR kinase inhibitionKian Kani
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 11:1071-81. 2012..In doing so, we also were able to identify which proteins might be useful as markers for monitoring response and which proteins might be useful as markers for a priori prediction of response...
- Inhibition of HER-kinase activation prevents ERK-mediated degradation of PPARgammaMichael Hedvat
Louis Warschaw Prostate Cancer Center, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, 8631 West Third Street, Suite 1001E, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Cancer Cell 5:565-74. 2004..This study introduces a novel concept of an in vivo crosstalk between the HER-kinase axis and PPARgamma pathways, ultimately leading to negative regulation of PPARgamma activity and tumor growth inhibition...
- Raloxifene, an oestrogen-receptor-beta-targeted therapy, inhibits androgen-independent prostate cancer growth: results from preclinical studies and a pilot phase II clinical trialRonald L Shazer
Louis Warschaw Prostate Cancer Center, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, 8631 West Third Street, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
BJU Int 97:691-7. 2006....
- PPARgamma signaling: one size fits all?Anjali Jain
Louis Warschaw Prostate Cancer Center, Cedars Sinai Prostate Cancer Center, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Cell Cycle 3:1352-4. 2004..Outcome of PPARgamma activation in cancer cells is not one-dimensional. PPARgamma signaling is dependent upon PPARgamma ligand affinity and binding characteristics, target cell context and interacting signaling networks...
- Epithelial membrane protein-1 is a biomarker of gefitinib resistanceAnjali Jain
Louis Warschaw Prostate Cancer Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:11858-63. 2005..This report suggests the role of the adhesion molecule, EMP-1, as a biomarker of gefitinib clinical resistance, and further suggests a probable cross-talk between this molecule and the EGFR signaling pathway...
- Cancer-associated fibroblasts derived from EGFR-TKI-resistant tumors reverse EGFR pathway inhibition by EGFR-TKIsSheldon R Mink
Cedars Sinai Medical Center, 8700 Beverly Boulevard, Davis 6012, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Mol Cancer Res 8:809-20. 2010..This is the first demonstration that the tumor stroma is modified with acquisition of EGFR-TKI resistance and that it further contributes in promoting drug resistance...
- Identification of an androgen-dependent enhancer within the prostate stem cell antigen geneAnjali Jain
Department of Urology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Mol Endocrinol 16:2323-37. 2002..The remainder of the enhancer contains elements that function synergistically with the AR. We discuss the structural organization of the PSCA enhancer and compare it with that found in other AR-regulated genes...
- Functional Genomics Tools for HER2 heterodimers and Androgen Receptor SignalingAnjali Jain; Fiscal Year: 2007..Androgen receptor is one such protein. Our research proposes to develop methods to search for compounds that specifically block the androgen receptor in prostate cancer cells. [unreadable]..