Mary Ann Werz
Affiliation: Case Western Reserve University
- Idiopathic generalized tonic-clonic seizures limited to exercise in a young adultMary Ann Werz
Department of Neurology, University Hospitals of Cleveland, 11100 Euclid Avenue, Hanna House 540, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Epilepsy Behav 6:98-101. 2005..This case demonstrates the utility of simultaneous cardiac stress testing with electroencephalography in confirming exercise-related seizures and distinguishing epilepsy from syncope...
- Subjective preference for lamotrigine or topiramate in healthy volunteers: relationship to cognitive and behavioral functioningMary Ann Werz
Department of Neurology, University Hospitals of Cleveland and Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, USA
Epilepsy Behav 8:181-91. 2006..Additionally, drug preference was related to effects of lamotrigine and topiramate on objective neuropsychological tests as well as self-perception on behavioral instruments...
- Neurosarcoidosis presenting with simple partial seizures and solitary enhancing mass: case reports and review of the literatureJeffrey L Sponsler
University Hospitals of Cleveland, USA
Epilepsy Behav 6:623-30. 2005..Certain features-multifocal parenchymal involvement, hydrocephalus, and chronic meningitis-were associated with poor outcome. In contrast, cases with isolated mass lesions often fared well...
- Ketamine for refractory status epilepticus: a case of possible ketamine-induced neurotoxicityEroboghene E Ubogu
Department of Neurology, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Hanna House 5th Floor, 11100 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106 5040, USA
Epilepsy Behav 4:70-5. 2003..Animal studies of prolonged ketamine therapy are required before widespread human use in SE...
- Transverse myelitis associated with Acinetobacter baumanii intrathecal pump catheter-related infectionEroboghene E Ubogu
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Reg Anesth Pain Med 28:470-4. 2003..To describe a late neurologic complication of intrathecal pump implantation and show the methods used for the diagnosis and successful treatment of transverse myelitis in this setting...
- Triple pathology in epilepsy: coexistence of cavernous angiomas and cortical dysplasias with other lesionsJoseph A Maciunas
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case School of Medicine, 11100 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106 5040, USA
Epilepsy Res 91:106-10. 2010..We conclude that CD is heterogeneous, with milder forms appearing to co-exist with other pathologies, including vascular abnormalities and hippocampal sclerosis...