James C Spilsbury
Affiliation: Case Western Reserve University
- Sleep behavior in an urban US sample of school-aged childrenJames C Spilsbury
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Behavioral Pediatrics and Psychology, Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 6038, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 158:988-94. 2004..To describe sleep behavior of elementary school-aged children and to assess variations by age, sex, and ethnicity...
- Effects of the home environment on school-aged children's sleepJames C Spilsbury
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Behavioral Pediatrics, Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital, Case School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106 6038, USA
Sleep 28:1419-27. 2005..Examine the relationship between the sleep behavior of elementary school-aged children and characteristics of the home environment...
- Brief report: preliminary results of a suicide awareness mass media campaign in Cuyahoga County, OhioRichard J Oliver
Mental Health Services for Homeless Persons, Inc, Cleveland, OH 44114, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 38:245-9. 2008..We provide this information to catalyze similar sharing of data and experiences among those organizations and agencies working to prevent suicide...
- Profiles of behavioral problems in children who witness domestic violenceJames C Spilsbury
Case School of Medicine, and Mental Health Services for Homeless Persons, Inc, Cleveland, OH, USA
Violence Vict 23:3-17. 2008..Clinical and future research implications of study findings are discussed...
- Psychometric properties of the Pediatric Emotional Distress Scale in a diverse sample of children exposed to interpersonal violenceJames C Spilsbury
Department of Pediatrics, Case Western Reserve University, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 34:758-64. 2005..The modified PEDS could potentially be used for screening children exposed to violence...
- Neighborhood disadvantage as a risk factor for pediatric obstructive sleep apneaJames C Spilsbury
Mental Health Services Inc, 3740 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44115, USA
J Pediatr 149:342-7. 2006..Low socioeconomic status (SES) is associated with a range of health outcomes. Our objective was to study the relationship between residence in a neighborhood of severe socioeconomic disadvantage and childhood obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)...
- The Cleveland adolescent sleepiness questionnaire: a new measure to assess excessive daytime sleepiness in adolescentsJames C Spilsbury
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Case School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106 6083, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 3:603-12. 2007..Developed the Cleveland Adolescent Sleepiness Questionnaire (CASQ), a brief, self-completed instrument to measure excessive daytime sleepiness in adolescents...
- Sleep as a mediator in the pathway from violence-induced traumatic stress to poorer health and functioning: a review of the literature and proposed conceptual modelJames C Spilsbury
Center for Clinical Investigation, Case School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Behav Sleep Med 7:223-44. 2009..Recommendations are given for future research to test the proposed model...
- Remission and incidence of obstructive sleep apnea from middle childhood to late adolescenceJames C Spilsbury
Center for Clinical Investigation, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH
Sleep 38:23-9. 2015..To study the incidence, remission, and prediction of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) from middle childhood to late adolescence...
- The Epworth score in African American populationsAmanda L Hayes
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, University Hospital Case Medical Center and Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 5:344-8. 2009..African Americans have elevated scores on the Epworth Sleepiness Scale (ESS) compared to whites. The reason for this difference is not clear...
- Pediatric Positive Airway Pressure Adherence in Obstructive Sleep Apnea Enhanced by Family Member Positive Airway Pressure UsagePooja Puri
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pulmonology, Allergy and Sleep Medicine, Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital University Hospitals, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH
J Clin Sleep Med 12:959-63. 2016..We hypothesized that the presence of another family member on PAP therapy (parent, sibling, other family member) would be associated with better adherence in the child...
- How neighborhoods influence child maltreatment: a review of the literature and alternative pathwaysClaudia J Coulton
Center on Urban Poverty and Community Development, Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences, Case Western Reserve University, 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Child Abuse Negl 31:1117-42. 2007..To review the literature on the relationships between neighborhoods and child maltreatment and identify future directions for research in this area...