Marian B Patterson
Affiliation: Case Western Reserve University
- ADCS Prevention Instrument Project: quality of life assessment (QOL)Marian B Patterson
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 20:S179-90. 2006..We conclude that the QOL scores at baseline show sufficient range and reliability to suggest they will have utility in tracking QOL through conversion to dementia...
- ADCS Prevention Instrument Project: pilot testing of a book club as a psychosocial intervention and recruitment and retention strategyPeter J Whitehouse
University Memory and Aging Center, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44120 1013, USA
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 20:S203-8. 2006..Further longitudinal analyses are planned to determine whether the book club influenced retention and whether participation was associated with slowing cognitive decline...
- Health state valuation in mild to moderate cognitive impairment: feasibility of computer-based, direct patient utility assessmentNeal V Dawson
Department of Medicine, University Memory and Aging Center, Case Western University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Med Decis Making 28:220-32. 2008..Most patients with dementia will, at some point, need a proxy health care decision maker. It is unknown whether persons with various degrees of cognitive impairment can reliably report their health-related preferences...
- An empirical basis for domains in the analysis of dependency in the activities of daily living (ADL): results of a confirmatory factor analysis of the Cleveland Scale for Activities of Daily Living (CSADL)James L Mack
Case Western Reserve University, Department of Psychiatry, Cleveland, OH, USA
Clin Neuropsychol 20:662-77. 2006..The two factors are correlated, and cautions were raised concerning the likelihood that many ADL items may reflect both basic and instrumental domains...
- Emergent psychopathology in Alzheimer's disease patients over 12 months associated with functional, not cognitive, changesRochelle E Tractenberg
Department of Neurosciences, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0949, USA
J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol 15:110-7. 2002....
- Comorbidity of psychopathological domains in community-dwelling persons with Alzheimer's diseaseRochelle E Tractenberg
Center for Population and Health, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20057 1197, USA
J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol 16:94-9. 2003..Significant psychopathological comorbidity should be considered in the design of clinical trials targeting particular psychopathology in this disease population...
- Quality of life in dementia: ten years laterPeter J Whitehouse
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 17:199-200. 2003
- Independence of changes in behavior from cognition and function in community-dwelling persons with Alzheimer's disease: a factor analytic approachRochelle E Tractenberg
Department of Biomathematics and Biostatistics, Georgetown University School of Medicine, 7 East Main, M702, Georgetown University Hospital, 3800 Reservoir Rd, NW, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 17:51-60. 2005..Cognitive and functional subscores for the CDR were supported. These findings suggest that changes in behavior and cognition in dementia may have distinct pathophysiologies...
- Empirical assessment of a research advance directive for persons with dementia and their proxiesCarol B Stocking
Section of Geriatrics, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:1609-12. 2007..To evaluate a research advance directive for persons with established dementia diagnoses and their family caregivers or proxies...