Molly M McNett
Affiliation: Case Western Reserve University
- Sensitivity, Specificity, and Receiver Operating Characteristics: A Primer for Neuroscience NursesMolly McNett
Questions or comments about this article may be directed to Molly McNett, PhD RN CNRN, at She is the Director, Nursing Research, MetroHealth System, Cleveland, OH Shelly Amato, CNS RN CNRN, is Clinical Nurse Specialist, MetroHealth Center for Brain Injury Rehabilitation, Cleveland, OH DaiWai M Olson, PhD RN CCRN FNCS, is Associate Professor of Neurology and Neurotherapeutics, Associate Professor of Neurosurgery, University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas, TX
J Neurosci Nurs . 2017....
- A Comparative Study of Glasgow Coma Scale and Full Outline of Unresponsiveness Scores for Predicting Long-Term Outcome After Brain InjuryMolly M McNett
Questions or comments about this article may be directed to Molly M McNett, PhD RN CNRN, at She is a Director, Nursing Research, The MetroHealth System, Cleveland, OH Shelly Amato, PhD Candidate, CNS RN CRRN CNRN, is Clinical Nurse Specialist, Brain Injury Rehabilitation, The MetroHealth System, Cleveland, OH Sue Ann Philippbar, MA CCC SLP, is Speech Language Pathologist, The Center for Brain Injury Rehabilitation, The MetroHealth System, Cleveland, OH
J Neurosci Nurs 48:207-14. 2016..No research has investigated relationships between coma scores and outcome 12 months postinjury...
- Blood Pressure Management Controversies in Neurocritical CareMolly McNett
Nursing Research, The MetroHealth System, Nursing Business Office, 2500 MetroHealth Drive, Cleveland, OH 44109, USA Electronic address
Crit Care Nurs Clin North Am 28:9-19. 2016..Evidence-based recommendations, areas for future research, and current technological advancements for BP management are discussed. ..
- International multidisciplinary consensus conference on multimodality monitoring: ICU processes of careMolly M McNett
MetroHealth Medical Center, The MetroHealth System, 2500 MetroHealth Drive, Cleveland, OH, 44109, USA
Neurocrit Care 21:S215-28. 2014..Quality indices for neurocritical care have been proposed; however, additional research is needed to further validate measures. ..
- The FOUR score and GCS as predictors of outcome after traumatic brain injuryMolly McNett
Department of Nursing Research, The MetroHealth System, Cleveland, OH, USA
Neurocrit Care 21:52-7. 2014..The aims of this study were to: (1) examine correlations between 24 and 72 h FOUR and GCS scores and functional/cognitive outcomes; (2) determine relationship between 24 and 72 h FOUR scores and mortality...
- The prevalence, treatment and outcomes of agitation among patients with brain injury admitted to acute care unitsMolly McNett
Metrohealth Medical Centre, Cleveland, OH 44109, USA
Brain Inj 26:1155-62. 2012..Much research on TBI agitation has been conducted in intensive care or rehabilitation settings. This study aimed to identify agitation prevalence, treatment and outcomes among patients with TBI on acute care wards...
- Judgments of critical care nurses about risk for secondary brain injuryMolly McNett
Department of Nursing Research, MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44109, USA
Am J Crit Care 19:250-60. 2010..Intensive care unit nurses have an integral role in preventing secondary brain injury; however, little is known about factors that influence nurses' judgments about risk for secondary brain injury...
- Intensive care unit nurse characteristics impacting judgments about secondary brain injuryMolly McNett
Department of Nursing, Nursing Business Office, MetroHealth Medical Center, 2500 MetroHealth Dr, Cleveland, OH 44116, USA
Dimens Crit Care Nurs 28:182-8. 2009..Understanding the role of nurse characteristics is important in future educational and research efforts aimed at evidence-based management of secondary brain injury...
- Nursing interventions for critically ill traumatic brain injury patientsMolly M McNett
MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Neurosci Nurs 42:71-7; quiz 78-9. 2010..Findings from this study provide evidence of the multifaceted role of the neuroscience ICU nurse caring for TBI patients and can be used in future research investigating the impact of nursing interventions on patient outcomes...
- The pupillary response in traumatic brain injury: a guide for trauma nursesAndea Adoni
Cleveland Metro LifeFlight, MetroHealth Medical Center, OH 44109, USA
J Trauma Nurs 14:191-6; quiz 197-8. 2007..A case study is provided to illustrate the application of this information among patients with TBI...
- Significant practice pattern variations associated with intracranial pressure monitoringDaiWai M Olson
University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas, TX, USA
J Neurosci Nurs 45:186-93. 2013..Although standards for care of such patients have been established, there continue to be variations in the nursing practice...
- A review of the predictive ability of Glasgow Coma Scale scores in head-injured patientsMolly McNett
Kent State University, Kent, OH, USA
J Neurosci Nurs 39:68-75. 2007....