Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Case Western Reserve University
- Regulation of the Dbl proto-oncogene by heat shock cognate protein 70 (Hsc70)Krista P Kauppinen
Division of Nutritional Sciences, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Biol Chem 280:21638-44. 2005..We propose that Hsc70 attenuates Dbl activity by maintaining an inactive conformation in which the amino terminus is "folded over" the catalytic DH-PH domain...
- Vitamin E trafficking in neurologic health and diseaseLynn Ulatowski
Department of Nutrition, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Annu Rev Nutr 33:87-103. 2013..The critical roles of this protein and its ligand are underscored by the debilitating pathologies that characterize human carriers of mutations in the TTPA gene. ..
- Regulation of proto-oncogenic dbl by chaperone-controlled, ubiquitin-mediated degradationElena Kamynina
Case School of Medicine, WG 48, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:1809-22. 2007..Onco-Dbl, lacking the spectrin homology domain, cannot bind these regulators and therefore accumulates in cells at high levels, leading to persistent stimulation of its downstream signaling pathways...
- Plekhg4 is a novel Dbl family guanine nucleotide exchange factor protein for rho family GTPasesMeghana Gupta
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 288:14522-30. 2013..These findings indicate that Plekhg4 is an aggregation-prone member of the Dbl family GEFs and that regulation of GTPase signaling is critical for proper cerebellar function...
- Adenovirus modulates Toll-like receptor 4 signaling by reprogramming ORP1L-VAP protein contacts for cholesterol transport from endosomes to the endoplasmic reticulumNicholas L Cianciola
Departments of Molecular Biology and Microbiology and Nutrition and the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106
J Virol . 2017..Collectively these data show that RIDα utilizes ORP1L in a way that is distinct from its normal function in uninfected cells to fine-tune lipid raft cholesterol that regulates innate immunity to adenovirus in endosomes...
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of Dbl regulates GTPase signalingMeghana Gupta
From the Departments of Pharmacology, and Nutrition, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106
J Biol Chem 289:17195-202. 2014..These findings uncover a novel layer of complexity in the physiological regulation of this protein. ..
- Hepatic α-tocopherol transfer protein: ligand-induced protection from proteasomal degradationVarsha Thakur
Department of Nutrition, School of Medicine
Biochemistry 49:9339-44. 2010..These findings suggest that vitamin E imparts a distinct conformation on TTP that is associated with localization to a specific cellular compartment, where the protein is less susceptible to proteasomal degradation...