Affiliation: Case Western Reserve University
- Point: Statistical analysis in NIH peer review--identifying innovationDavid Kaplan
Case School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, 2103 Cornell Rd, Cleveland, OH 44106 7288, USA
FASEB J 21:305-8. 2007
- Configuration challenges: implementing translational research policies in electronic medical recordsMichael G Kahn
Section of Epidemiology, Department of Pediatrics and Pediatric Clinical Translational Research Center, University of Colorado School of Medicine and The Children s Hospital, Denver, Colorado 80218 1088, USA
Acad Med 82:661-9. 2007..The authors highlight these configuration challenges by presenting a list of questions that must be answered unambiguously before implementing translational research capabilities into an operational EMR...
- Sample size and precision in NIH peer reviewDavid Kaplan
Department of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e2761. 2008..NIH should adjust their peer review system to account for the number of reviewers needed to provide adequate precision in their evaluations...
- The functional duality of HoxB4 in hematopoietic reconstituting cellsDavid Kaplan
Pathfinder Biotech, 11000 Cedar Avenue, Suite 265, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Cytometry A 83:127-33. 2013..Our findings demonstrate the translation of experimental findings into a clinical setting and suggest that the expression level of HoxB4 in CD34⁺ cells can be used as a measure of a sample's appropriateness for transplantation...
- Correlation between ZAP-70, phospho-ZAP-70, and phospho-Syk expression in leukemic cells from patients with CLLDavid Kaplan
Department of Pathology, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 78:115-22. 2010....
- D cyclins in CD5+ B-cell lymphoproliferative disorders: cyclin D1 and cyclin D2 identify diagnostic groups and cyclin D1 correlates with ZAP-70 expression in chronic lymphocytic leukemiaHoward J Meyerson
Department of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University and the Ireland Cancer Center, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 125:241-50. 2006..The results indicate that flow cytometric analysis of D cyclins may help in classification of CD5+ B-cell lymphoproliferative disorders...
- D cyclins in lymphocytesDavid Kaplan
Department of Pathology, Case School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4943, USA
Cytometry A 63:1-9. 2005..There are three distinct D cyclins. Cyclin D1 has been shown to be expressed by many different types of cells but not by lymphocytes. Cyclins D2 and D3 have been found in lymphocytes...
- CD34 expression on plateletsKristine Lewandowska
Department of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University, Biomedical Research Building, Room 926, 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106 4943, USA
Platelets 14:83-7. 2003..Platelet activation resulted in a marked decrease in surface CD34. CD34 expression has significant implications for the function of platelets as well as for the determination of hematopoietic progenitor cells...
- Spontaneous autologous graft-versus-host disease in plasma cell myeloma autograft recipients: flow cytometric analysis of hematopoietic progenitor cell graftsHillard M Lazarus
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, Case Comprehensive Cancer Center, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 17:970-8. 2011..Prompt recognition of this condition and protracted treatment with nonabsorbable or systemic corticosteroids or the combination may lead to resolution...
- Applications of enzymatic amplification staining in immunophenotyping hematopoietic cellsMeyerson Howard
Department of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4943, USA
Front Biosci 7:c33-43. 2002..We will also discuss practical applications of enzymatic amplification for immunostaining of clinical specimens...
- CD317 is over-expressed in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia, but not B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemiaShunyou Gong
Department of Pathology, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University Cleveland 44106, Ohio, USA Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Philadelphia 19104, PA, USA
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 8:1613-21. 2015..Our results suggest that CD317 expression might be of prognostic significance for B-CLL, and CD317 could be used as a new marker for minimal residual disease detection in B-ALL. ..
- Prognostic information and biological insights in chronic lymphocytic leukemia by high-resolution immunophenotypic analysis of ZAP70David Kaplan
Pathfinder Biotech, Cleveland, OH Department of Pathology, University Hospitals Case Medical Center and Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
Cytometry A 85:798-808. 2014..Our analysis demonstrates the value of ZAP70 expression as a prognostic indicator and suggests that the different clinical results may be due to the distinct molecular biology of the ZAP70-low versus the ZAP70-high CLL samples...
- Down-regulation of the forkhead transcription factor Foxp1 is required for monocyte differentiation and macrophage functionCan Shi
Department ofMedicine, Case Cardiovascular Center, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44022, USA
Blood 112:4699-711. 2008..Taken together, these observations identify down-regulation of Foxp1 as critical for monocyte differentiation and macrophage functions in vivo...
- PrP conformational transitions alter species preference of a PrP-specific antibodyWen Quan Zou
Department of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 4410, USA
J Biol Chem 285:13874-84. 2010....
- Enzymatic amplification staining for single cell analysis: applied to in situ hybridizationDavid Kaplan
Department of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University, Biomedical Research Building, Room 926, Cleveland, OH 44106 4943, USA
J Immunol Methods 283:1-7. 2003..In this review, we show the capability of this new technology to detect specific RNA expression...
- Enzymatic amplification staining for cell surface antigensDavid Kaplan
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Curr Protoc Cytom . 2003..The technique is compatible with multicolor staining. An alternate protocol explains the performance of multiple amplifications on the same cell population by adding a peroxide incubation...