Affiliation: Carolinas Medical Center
- Porphyrin and heme metabolism and the porphyriasHerbert L Bonkovsky
Department of Medicine and The Liver Biliary Pancreatic Center, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
Compr Physiol 3:365-401. 2013....
- Structural analysis of heme proteins: implications for design and predictionTing Li
Cannon Research Center, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC 28203, USA
BMC Struct Biol 11:13. 2011..Knowledge of these characteristics can provide valuable guidelines in the design of novel heme proteins and help us predict unknown heme binding proteins...
- Iron increases HMOX1 and decreases hepatitis C viral expression in HCV-expressing cellsWei Hong Hou
Cannon Research Center, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC 28203, United States
World J Gastroenterol 15:4499-510. 2009..To investigate effects of iron on oxidative stress, heme oxygenase-1 (HMOX1) and hepatitis C viral (HCV) expression in human hepatoma cells stably expressing HCV proteins...
- Intravenous interferon administered during liver transplantation is not effective in preventing hepatitis C reinfectionMark W Russo
Transplant Center, Department of Medicine, Carolinas Medical Center, 1000 Blythe Blvd, 3rd Floor Annex Building, Charlotte, NC, 28203, USA
Dig Dis Sci 58:3010-6. 2013..Post-transplant hepatitis C is a major challenge after liver transplantation (LT). Antiviral therapy is associated with lower efficacy in the post-transplant setting...
- REGULATION OF HEPATIC HEME METABOLISMHERBERT BONKOVSKY; Fiscal Year: 2009..the molecular mechanisms that mediate heme regulation of ALAS-1 and HO-1 are similar in avian, human, and murine hepatocytes in culture or in intact organisms. ..