E Cabrina Campbell
- A pilot study of antipsychotic prescribing decisions for acutely-Ill hospitalized patientsE Cabrina Campbell
Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center and The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, VA Medical Center 116A, University and Woodland Aves, Philadelphia, PA 19104, United States
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 35:246-51. 2011..Evidence on antipsychotic prescribing decisions is limited. This pilot study quantified factors considered in choosing an antipsychotic and evaluated the influence of metabolic status on treatment decisions...
- Treatment outcomes of patients with tardive dyskinesia and chronic schizophreniaStanley N Caroff
Department of Psychiatry, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 72:295-303. 2011..We compared the response to antipsychotic treatment between patients with and without tardive dyskinesia (TD) and examined the course of TD...
- Movement disorders induced by antipsychotic drugs: implications of the CATIE schizophrenia trialStanley N Caroff
Department of Psychiatry, Veterans Affairs Medical Center 116A, University and Woodland Avenues, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neurol Clin 29:127-48, viii. 2011....
- Drug-Induced Extrapyramidal Syndromes: Implications for Contemporary PracticeStanley N Caroff
Department of Psychiatry, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 300 Blockley Hall, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA Electronic address
Psychiatr Clin North Am 39:391-411. 2016..A better understanding of drug-induced effects on the motor circuit may improve patient safety, enhance antipsychotic effectiveness, and provide insights into mechanisms underlying antipsychotic activity in parallel brain circuits. ..
- Cocaine abuse in schizophrenic patients treated with olanzapine versus haloperidolSteven L Sayers
Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University and Woodland Avenues, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 193:379-86. 2005..Important study limitations include a small sample size and high attrition rates. Larger controlled studies are necessary to determine optimal antipsychotic therapy for patients with schizophrenia and comorbid cocaine abuse...