Affiliation: Cambridge Health Alliance
- Development of a Mapped Diabetes Community Program Guide for a Safety Net PopulationLeah Zallman
Institute for Community Health, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA Dr Zallman, Ms Ibekwe
Diabetes Educ 40:453-461. 2014..This article describes the development of an interactive web-based mapped community program guide at a safety net institution and the lessons learned from that process...
- Unauthorized Immigrants Prolong the Life of Medicare's Trust FundLeah Zallman
Institute for Community Health, 350 Main Street, Malden, MA, 02148, USA
J Gen Intern Med 31:122-7. 2016..Unauthorized immigrants seldom have access to public health insurance programs such as Medicare Part A, which pays hospitals and other health facilities and is funded through the Medicare Trust Fund...
- Perceived affordability of health insurance and medical financial burdens five years in to Massachusetts health reformLeah Zallman
Cambridge Health Alliance Department of Medicine, 1493 Cambridge St Macht 420, Cambridge, MA, 02139, USA
Int J Equity Health 14:113. 2015..Those with slightly higher incomes (150 %-300 % FPL) were eligible for exchange-based plans that required cost-sharing and premium payments...
- Affordability of health care under publicly subsidized insurance after Massachusetts health care reform: a qualitative study of safety net patientsLeah Zallman
Department of Medicine, Cambridge Health Alliance, Cambridge, MA, 02139, USA
Int J Equity Health 14:112. 2015....
- Attitudinal Barriers to Analgesic Use among Patients with Substance Use DisordersLeah Zallman
Clinical Addiction Research and Education CARE Unit, Section of General Internal Medicine, Boston Medical Center and Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Pain Res Treat 2012:167062. 2012..91 (1.01-3.60), P = 0.045). Concerns about side effects and fear of addiction can be barriers to analgesic use, moreso for people with SUDs and OUDs...
- Undiagnosed and uncontrolled hypertension and hyperlipidemia among immigrants in the USLeah Zallman
Department of Medicine, Cambridge Health Alliance, and Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 15:858-65. 2013..24, 95 % CI 0.99-1.56, p = 0.057). Having insurance was associated with a 5-15 % decrease in FB-US born disparities. Immigrants are at increased risk of undiagnosed and uncontrolled hypertension and hyperlipidemia...
- Immigrants contributed an estimated $115.2 billion more to the Medicare Trust Fund than they took out in 2002-09Leah Zallman
Institute for Community Health at Cambridge Health Alliance, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 32:1153-60. 2013..2 billion. Most of the surplus from immigrants was contributed by noncitizens and was a result of the high proportion of working-age taxpayers in this group. Policies that restrict immigration may deplete Medicare's financial resources...
- Computed tomography associated cancers and cancer deaths following visits to U.S. emergency departmentsLeah Zallman
Harvard Medical School, USA
Int J Health Serv 42:591-605. 2012....
- Support for National Health Insurance Seven Years Into Massachusetts Healthcare Reform: Views of Populations Targeted by the ReformSonali Saluja
Department of Medicine, Cambridge Health Alliance, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts, USA
Int J Health Serv 46:185-200. 2016..Given the strong support for NHI among disadvantaged Massachusetts patients seven years after state health reform, a reappraisal of the ACA's ability to meet the needs of underserved patients is warranted. ..
- Patient preferences and access to text messaging for health care reminders in a safety-net settingLeah Zallman
a Department of Medicine, Cambridge Health Alliance, Cambridge, MA, USA
Inform Health Soc Care 42:32-42. 2017..We aimed to understand patient access to and preferences for receiving health-related reminders via text message among patients receiving care in safety-net hospitals...
- Experiences applying for and understanding health insurance under Massachusetts health care reformRachel Nardin
Cambridge Health Alliance, 1493 Cambridge St Macht 420, Cambridge, MA, 02139, USA
Int J Equity Health 15:110. 2016....
- Strategies for Aligning Physicians to System Redesign Goals at Eight Safety-Net SystemsLeah Zallman
Institute for Community Health, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 40:541-3. 2014..Aligning physicians with redesign goals is a priority, particularly as many SNSs shift toward patient-centered, population health-focused models. No previous work has examined efforts to align physicians to safety net redesign efforts...
- Affordability of and Access to Information About Health Insurance Among Immigrant and Non-immigrant Residents After Massachusetts Health ReformYe Jin Kang
Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Immigr Minor Health . 2016....
- Provider's perspectives on building research and quality improvement capacity in primary care: a strategy to improve workforce satisfactionLeah Zallman
Institute for Community Health, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Clin Transl Sci 6:404-8. 2013....
- Quality of US primary care delivered by resident and staff physiciansLeah Zallman
Department of Medicine, Cambridge Health Alliance and Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, MA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 25:1193-7. 2010..Few population-based data are available on the quality of outpatient care provided by resident physicians in the US...