E M Porter
Affiliation: California State University
- Detection of antimicrobial (poly)peptides with Acid urea polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis followed by Western immunoblotEdith Porter
Department of Biological Sciences, California State University Los Angeles, 5151 State University Dr, Los Angeles, CA, 90032, USA
Methods Mol Biol 1225:105-15. 2015..A standard SDS-PAGE in comparison with AU-PAGE and the corresponding Western immunoblot are depicted in Fig. 1. ..
- Evolving neural network optimization of cholesteryl ester separation by reversed-phase HPLCMichael A Jansen
Department of Biological Sciences, California State University Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90032, USA
Anal Bioanal Chem 397:2367-74. 2010....
- The multifaceted Paneth cellE M Porter
Department of Biology and Microbiology, California State University Los Angeles, 90032, USA
Cell Mol Life Sci 59:156-70. 2002..Other PC components suggest that PCs may also participate in the regulation of lumenal ionic composition, crypt development, digestion, and intestinal inflammation...
- Distinct defensin profiles in Neisseria gonorrhoeae and Chlamydia trachomatis urethritis reveal novel epithelial cell-neutrophil interactionsEdith Porter
Department of Biological Sciences, California State University, Los Angeles, 5151 State University Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90032, USA
Infect Immun 73:4823-33. 2005....
- Expansion of Paneth cell population in response to enteric Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium infectionNadine R Martinez Rodriguez
Department of Biological Sciences, California State University Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Infect Immun 80:266-75. 2012..Infection-induced expansion of the Paneth cell population may represent an acute intestinal inflammatory response similar to neutrophilia in systemic infection...
- Localization of human intestinal defensin 5 in Paneth cell granulesE M Porter
Department of Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Infect Immun 65:2389-95. 1997..Since Paneth cells release their granules adjacent to the mitotic cells of the intestinal crypts, HD could protect this cell population against invasion and parasitization by microbes...
- Neisseria gonorrhoeae-induced human defensins 5 and 6 increase HIV infectivity: role in enhanced transmissionMary E Klotman
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Immunol 180:6176-85. 2008..Furthermore, this study demonstrates the complexity of defensins as innate immune mediators in HIV transmission and warrants further investigation of the mechanism by which defensins modulate HIV infection...
- Paneth cell trypsin is the processing enzyme for human defensin-5Dipankar Ghosh
Department of Immunology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Nat Immunol 3:583-90. 2002..By acting as a prodefensin convertase in human Paneth cells, trypsin is involved in the regulation of innate immunity in the small intestine...
- Reduced Paneth cell alpha-defensins in ileal Crohn's diseaseJan Wehkamp
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, 95616, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:18129-34. 2005..Thus, the specific deficiency of PC defensins that characterizes ileal CD may compromise innate immune defenses of the ileal mucosa and initiate and/or perpetuate this disease...
- Lipids: Effectors in Innate ImmunityEdith Porter; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..