Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: California Institute of Technology
- Autofocus for digital Fresnel holograms by use of a Fresnelet-sparsity criterionMichael Liebling
Biological Imaging Center, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 21:2424-30. 2004..Our algorithm maximizes a sharpness metric related to the sparsity of the signal's expansion in distance-dependent waveletlike Fresnelet bases. We show results from simulations and experimental situations that confirm its applicability...
- Four-dimensional cardiac imaging in living embryos via postacquisition synchronization of nongated slice sequencesMichael Liebling
California Institute of Technology, Beckman Institute, Biological Imaging Center, Mail Code 139 74, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
J Biomed Opt 10:054001. 2005..Owing to a wavelet-based multiresolution approach, our method is robust to common confocal microscopy artifacts. We validate the procedure on both simulated data and in vivo measurements from living zebrafish embryos...
- Rapid three-dimensional imaging and analysis of the beating embryonic heart reveals functional changes during developmentMichael Liebling
Biological Imaging Center, Beckman Institute, Caltech, Pasadena, California, USA
Dev Dyn 235:2940-8. 2006..These tools are generalizable to imaging and analyzing other cyclically moving structures at microscopic scales...
- The embryonic vertebrate heart tube is a dynamic suction pumpArian S Forouhar
Option in Bioengineering, Beckman Institute, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Science 312:751-3. 2006..We propose a more likely explanation of early cardiac dynamics in which the pumping action results from suction due to elastic wave propagation in the heart tube...
- Reversing blood flows act through klf2a to ensure normal valvulogenesis in the developing heartJulien Vermot
Biological Imaging Center, Beckman Institute, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California, United States of America
PLoS Biol 7:e1000246. 2009....
- Dynamic structure and protein expression of the live embryonic heart captured by 2-photon light sheet microscopy and retrospective registrationVikas Trivedi
Division of Biology and Biological Engineering, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA Translational Imaging Center, University of Southern California, Molecular and Computational Biology, Los Angeles CA 90089, USA Equal contribution
Biomed Opt Express 6:2056-66. 2015..This imaging and reconstruction platform permitted us to visualize protein expression patterns at endogenous concentrations in zebrafish gene trap lines. ..
- Discretization of the radon transform and of its inverse by spline convolutionsStefan Horbelt
Biomedical Imaging Group, IOA, STI, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne, EPFL
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 21:363-76. 2002..In particular, we find that it can be computationally more efficient to increase the approximation degree than to increase the sampling rate...