Affiliation: California Institute of Technology
- Even Noisy Responses Can Be Perfect If Integrated ProperlyJohn C Doyle
Computing and Mathematical Sciences, Electrical Engineering, and Bioengineering, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA Electronic address
Cell Syst 2:73-5. 2016..Integral feedback for perfect adaptation is a ubiquitous strategy in engineering and biology. Long studied in deterministic settings, it can now be understood in the context of the fully stochastic systems that are prevalent in biology. ..
- Bow ties, metabolism and diseaseMarie Csete
Emory Anesthiology Research Labs, 1462 Clifton Rd NE, Room 420, Atlanta GA 30322, USA
Trends Biotechnol 22:446-50. 2004..Large-scale organizational frameworks such as the bow tie are necessary starting points for higher-resolution modeling of complex biologic processes..
- Motifs, control, and stabilityJohn Doyle
Department of Control and Dynamical Systems, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California, United States of America
PLoS Biol 3:e392. 2005
- MathSBML: a package for manipulating SBML-based biological modelsBruce E Shapiro
Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology, Mail Stop 126 347, 4800 Oak Grove Drive, Pasadena, CA 91109, USA
Bioinformatics 20:2829-31. 2004..By accessing the full breadth of Mathematica functionality, MathSBML is fully extensible to SBML models of any size or complexity...
- Rules of engagementJohn Doyle
California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125 8100, USA
Nature 446:860. 2007
- Wildfires, complexity, and highly optimized toleranceMax A Moritz
Department of Environmental Science, Policy, and Management, University of California, Berkeley, 94720, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:17912-7. 2005..Understanding these mechanisms may provide new insights into the structure of ecological systems and be key in evaluating fire management strategies and sensitivities to climate change...
- Some protein interaction data do not exhibit power law statisticsReiko Tanaka
Bio Mimetic Control Research Center, RIKEN, Nagoya 223 8522, Japan
FEBS Lett 579:5140-4. 2005..We explain the source of this error using numerically generated data from analytic formulas, where there are no sampling or noise ambiguities...
- Metabolic syndrome and robustness tradeoffsHiroaki Kitano
Sony Computer Science Laboratories, Inc 3 14 13, Higashi Gotanda, Shinagawa, Tokyo 141 0022 Japan
Diabetes 53:S6-S15. 2004..A detailed molecular interaction map for adipocyte, hepatocyte, skeletal muscle cell, and pancreatic beta-cell cross-talk in the metabolic syndrome can be viewed at http://www.systems-biology.org/001/003.html...
- Next generation simulation tools: the Systems Biology Workbench and BioSPICE integrationHerbert M Sauro
Keck Graduate Institute, Claremont, California 91711, USA
OMICS 7:355-72. 2003....
- Mutation, specialization, and hypersensitivity in highly optimized toleranceTong Zhou
Department of Physics, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA 93106, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:2049-54. 2002..Although the model is a severe abstraction of biology, it produces a surprisingly wide variety of micro- and macroevolutionary features strikingly similar to real biological evolution...