Affiliation: California Institute of Technology
- Spectral domain phase microscopy for local measurements of cytoskeletal rheology in single cellsEmily J McDowell
Duke University, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Durham, North Carolina 27708, USA
J Biomed Opt 12:044008. 2007..Finally, we correlated displacement measurements to physical characteristics of individual cells to better compare properties across many cells, reducing the coefficient of variation of extracted model parameters by up to 50%...
- Fundamental sensitivity limit imposed by dark 1/f noise in the low optical signal detection regimeEmily J McDowell
Department of Bioengineering, Mail Code 136 93, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Opt Express 16:6822-32. 2008....
- Turbidity suppression from the ballistic to the diffusive regime in biological tissues using optical phase conjugationEmily J McDowell
California Institute of Technology, Department of Bioengineering, 1200 East California Boulevard, Mail Code 136 93, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
J Biomed Opt 15:025004. 2010..Our results describe the highest level of scattering that has been phase conjugated in biological tissues to date...
- An in vivo study of turbidity suppression by optical phase conjugation (TSOPC) on rabbit earMeng Cui
California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Opt Express 18:25-30. 2010..The experimental findings address the minimum speed limit of a broad range of optical time reversal experiments for in vivo applications on tissues...
- Implementation of a digital optical phase conjugation system and its application to study the robustness of turbidity suppression by phase conjugationMeng Cui
Department of Electrical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, 1200 E California Blvd, MC 136 93, CA, 91125, USA
Opt Express 18:3444-55. 2010....
- Methods and application areas of endoscopic optical coherence tomographyZahid Yaqoob
Engineering and Applied Sciences Division, Electrical Engineering Department, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
J Biomed Opt 11:063001. 2006..We highlight two additional applications--biopsy procedures and neurosurgery--where sufficiently compact OCT-based endoscopes can have significant clinical impacts...
- Technology Development in Optical Coherence TomographyEmily McDowell; Fiscal Year: 2006..Additionally, I would like to investigate the prospect of combining the two techniques to allow for the creation of a novel endoscopic method for the detection of early stage cancers or other life-threatening pathologies. ..