Dian L Baker
Affiliation: California State University
- School Health Services for Children With Special Health Care Needs in CaliforniaDian L Baker
School of Nursing, California State University Sacramento, Sacramento, CA, USA Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities, Medical Investigation of Neurodevelopmental Disorders Institute, University of California Davis, Sacramento, CA, USA
J Sch Nurs 31:318-25. 2015..There is a lack of identification of CSHCN, and communication barriers impair the ability to deliver care. Study results indicate that California invests minimally in school health services. ..
- Perception of barriers to immunization among parents of Hmong origin in CaliforniaDian L Baker
California State University, Sacramento, Division of Nursing, 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA
Am J Public Health 100:839-45. 2010..We explored factors associated with perception of barriers to immunization among parents of Hmong origin in California, whose children experience persistent immunization inequities even with health insurance...
- Translation of health surveys using mixed methodsDian L Baker
Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing, University of California Davis, 4610 X Street, Sacramento, CA 95616, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 42:430-8. 2010....
- Developing culturally responsive approaches with Southeast Asian American families experiencing developmental disabilitiesDian L Baker
Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing, University of California Davis, 4610 X St, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Pediatrics 126:S146-50. 2010..We describe here a case study of a successful attempt to engage marginalized and underserved communities to understand their needs to improve access and services for persons with developmental disabilities...
- Conceptual parameters of acculturation within the Asian and Pacific Islander American populations: applications for nursing practice and researchDian Baker
Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing, University of California Davis, USA
Nurs Forum 46:83-93. 2011..Acculturation is a key construct in understanding the health of the A&PIA population...
- The Mismatch Between Children's Health Needs and School ResourcesHeather Knauer
School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA
J Sch Nurs 31:326-33. 2015..Increased funding, monitoring of school health services, integration of services, and interagency collaboration are strategies that could improve the delivery of health services to CSHCN in schools. ..