Ray A Matulka
Affiliation: Burdock Group
- Developmental and Reproductive Effects of SE5-OH: An Equol-Rich Soy-Based IngredientRay A Matulka
Burdock Group, Orlando, FL 32801, USA
J Toxicol 2009:307618. 2009..5 mg equol/kg/day). In the developmental toxicity phase of the study, no effects by SE5-OH were found in the embryo-fetus at any of the doses tested. The NOAEL for developmental effects of SE5-OH is 2000 mg/kg/day (13 mg equol/kg/day)...
- Safety evaluation of a natural tomato oleoresin extract derived from food-processing tomatoesR A Matulka
The Burdock Group, 780 U S Highway 1, Vero Beach, FL 32962, USA
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 39:390-402. 2004..Consumption analysis of lycopene-containing foods estimated mean daily intake of lycopene at 8.2mg/day...
- Safety evaluation of a medium- and long-chain triacylglycerol oil produced from medium-chain triacylglycerols and edible vegetable oilR A Matulka
Burdock Group, 2001 9th Avenue, Vero Beach, FL 32960, USA
Food Chem Toxicol 44:1530-8. 2006..These data are corroborated by other studies published in the peer-reviewed literature on analogous MLCTs...
- The safety of PolyGlycopleX (PGX) as shown in a 90-day rodent feeding studyRay A Matulka
Burdock Group, Orlando, FL 32801 USA
Nutr J 8:1. 2009..This study was designed to evaluate the safety of PolyGlycopleX (PGX), a novel viscous dietary polysaccharide (fiber), when administered to Sprague Dawley(R) rats in the diet for 90 days...
- Lack of toxicity by medium chain triglycerides (MCT) in canines during a 90-day feeding studyRay A Matulka
Burdock Group, 801 North Orange Avenue, Suite 710, Orlando, FL 32801, USA
Food Chem Toxicol 47:35-9. 2009..No safety concerns were noted at any dose level, although an issue with palatability precluded identifying 15% as the highest dose level tested...
- Safety studies conducted on a proprietary high-purity aloe vera inner leaf fillet preparation, QmatrixLonnie D Williams
Burdock Group, 801 N Orange Ave, Suite 710, Orlando, FL 32801, USA
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 57:90-8. 2010..Based on these results, Qmatrix is not genotoxic in vitro or in vivo and; has an oral NOAEL greater than 2000 mg/kg bw/day following 90 days of oral exposure...
- Safety evaluation of Whole Algalin Protein (WAP) from Chlorella protothecoidesNancy J Szabo
Burdock Group, 859 Outer Road, Orlando, FL 32814, United States
Food Chem Toxicol 59:34-45. 2013..No clastogenic response occurred in bone marrow from mice administered a single oral dose (2000 mg/kg WAP). Skin sensitization was not induced by WAP via HRIPT, indicating little potential for food allergy...
- Genotoxicity studies on Sel-Plex, a standardized, registered high-selenium yeastJames C Griffiths
Burdock Group, Vero Beach, Florida 32960, USA
Int J Toxicol 25:477-85. 2006..Sel-Plex did not statistically increase the frequency or proportion of micronucleated immature erythrocytes in the mouse micronucleus test. Thus, from the studies presented here, the authors conclude that Sel-Plex is nongenotoxic...
- Safety evaluation of a high lipid Whole Algalin Flour (WAF) from Chlorella protothecoidesNancy J Szabo
Burdock Group, 801 North Orange Ave, Suite 710, Orlando, FL 32801, USA
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 63:155-65. 2012..Further, WAF did not elicit skin sensitization in a repeat-insult dermal patch test which indicates little potential for food allergy...
- Naturally occurring food toxinsLaurie C Dolan
Burdock Group, 801 N Orange Ave, Suite 710, Orlando FL 32801, USA
Toxins (Basel) 2:2289-332. 2010....
- Safety evaluation of fibermaltLaurie C Dolan
Burdock Group, Orlando, FL 32801, United States
Food Chem Toxicol 50:2515-23. 2012..Based on these results, fibermalt is not mutagenic as evaluated in a bacterial reverse mutation test and has an oral subchronic (13-week) no observable adverse effect level (NOAEL) of 150,000 ppm in rats...
- Acute and subchronic toxicity studies on Sel-Plex, a standardized, registered high-selenium yeastJames C Griffiths
Burdock Group, Vero Beach, Florida 32960, USA
Int J Toxicol 25:465-76. 2006..For the two 90-day studies, for rats the NOAEL for Sel-Plex was 114 mg/kg/day (0.23 mg Se/kg/day), and for dogs, the NOAEL was 30 mg Sel-Plex/kg/day (0.06 mg Se/kg/day): the latter being the NOAEL in the most sensitive species...
- Safety evaluation of oleic-rich triglyceride oil produced by a heterotrophic microalgal fermentation processNancy J Szabo
Burdock Group, 859 Outer Road, Orlando, FL 32814, United States Electronic address
Food Chem Toxicol 65:301-11. 2014..Taking all studies into consideration, the NOAEL for the oleic-rich oil was 100,000ppm, the highest concentration tested and equivalent to dietary NOAELs of 5200mg/kg bw/day and 6419mg/kg bw/day in male and female rats, respectively. ..
- Two new nontoxic, non-pathogenic strains of Sphingomonas elodea for gellan gum productionLaurie C Dolan
Burdock Group, 859 Outer Road, Orlando, FL 32814, USA Electronic address
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 78:37-44. 2016..PHP1 or PBAD1 were not detected in the tissue, fecal or fluid samples collected from treated animals. Therefore, neither PHP1 nor PBAD1 were pathogenic or acutely toxic under the conditions of the studies. ..
- Oral developmental toxicity study of methylsulfonylmethane in ratsB A Magnuson
Burdock Group, 888 17th Street NW, Washington, DC, USA
Food Chem Toxicol 45:977-84. 2007..Therefore, under the conditions of this study, the no-observed-adverse-effect level (NOAEL) for maternal and developmental toxicity was 1000 mg/kg/day...