R B Weisberg
Affiliation: Brown University
- Impairment and functioning in a sample of primary care patients with generalized anxiety disorder: results from the primary care anxiety projectRisa B Weisberg
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Alpert Medical School, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Prim Care Companion J Clin Psychiatry 12:. 2010..To examine the extent of functional impairment associated with generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) in a sample of primary care patients...
- Overview of generalized anxiety disorder: epidemiology, presentation, and courseRisa B Weisberg
Brown University, Box G BH, Duncan Building, Providence, RI 02912, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 70:4-9. 2009..The course of GAD is chronic and can be exacerbated by poor family relationships, comorbid cluster C personality disorders, and comorbid Axis I disorders. Impairment and suicidal ideation are associated with GAD...
- Psychiatric treatment in primary care patients with anxiety disorders: a comparison of care received from primary care providers and psychiatristsRisa B Weisberg
Department of Psychiatry, Brown University, Providence, RI 02096, USA
Am J Psychiatry 164:276-82. 2007..This study examined psychiatric treatment received by primary care patients with anxiety disorders and compared treatment received from primary care physicians and from psychiatrists...
- Causal attributions and male sexual arousal: the impact of attributions for a bogus erectile difficulty on sexual arousal, cognitions, and affectR B Weisberg
Department of Psychology, University at Albany, State University of New York, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 110:324-34. 2001..This may indicate that after an occasion of erectile difficulty, the cause to which the difficulty is attributed plays an important role in future sexual functioning...
- Nonpsychiatric illness among primary care patients with trauma histories and posttraumatic stress disorderRisa B Weisberg
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior at Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island 02912, USA
Psychiatr Serv 53:848-54. 2002..The authors examined the relationship between posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), trauma, and self-reported nonpsychiatric medical conditions in a sample of 502 primary care patients with one or more anxiety disorders...
- Mental health treatment received by primary care patients with posttraumatic stress disorderBenjamin F Rodriguez
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Brown University Medical School, Providence, R I, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 64:1230-6. 2003..Our purpose was to describe the characteristics of mental health treatment received by primary care patients diagnosed with PTSD...
- Comorbidity of body dysmorphic disorder and eating disorders: severity of psychopathology and body image disturbanceJessica S Ruffolo
Butler Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02906, USA
Int J Eat Disord 39:11-9. 2006..The current study examined comorbidity and clinical correlates of eating disorders in a large sample of individuals with body dysmorphic disorder (BDD)...
- Is anyone really M.A.D.?: the occurrence and course of mixed anxiety-depressive disorder in a sample of primary care patientsRisa B Weisberg
Department of Psychiatry, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02912, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 193:223-30. 2005..Although this was not a prevalence study, results indicate a very low occurrence of MAD across 15 primary care settings. Further, they indicate that this diagnosis may not be stable across time and raise doubts about its utility...
- Characteristics and predictors of full and partial recovery from generalized anxiety disorder in primary care patientsBenjamin F Rodriguez
Department of Psychology, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, Carbondale, IL 62901 6502, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 194:91-7. 2006..These results underscore that GAD is a chronic and persistent illness in primary care patients...
- Social and health functioning in female primary care patients with post-traumatic stress disorder with and without comorbid substance abuseCaron Zlotnick
Butler Hospital, Providence, RI, USA
Compr Psychiatry 44:177-83. 2003..These findings suggest that the presence of comorbid SUD may not explain the level of social and health difficulties associated with the dual diagnosis of PTSD and SUD...
- Chronicity in posttraumatic stress disorder and predictors of the course of posttraumatic stress disorder among primary care patientsCaron Zlotnick
Butler Hospital, Providence, RI 02906, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 192:153-9. 2004..e., full and partial PTSD). This study suggests that, in a primary care setting, PTSD is a persistent illness, and that many subjects who have recovered from PTSD continue to suffer from subthreshold symptoms of PTSD...
- Frequency and patterns of psychiatric comorbidity in a sample of primary care patients with anxiety disordersBenjamin F Rodriguez
Department of Psychology, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Life Science II, Room 281, Mailcode 6502, Carbondale, IL 62901, USA
Compr Psychiatry 45:129-37. 2004..2001). Implications of these results for both the mental health and primary care fields are also discussed...
- The clinical course of body dysmorphic disorder in the Harvard/Brown Anxiety Research Project (HARP)Andri S Bjornsson
Rhode Island Hospital, Coro Center West, 1 Hoppin St, Providence, RI 02903, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 199:55-7. 2011..14 over the 8 years. In conclusion, among individuals ascertained for anxiety disorders, the probability of recovering from BDD was relatively high and probability of BDD recurrence was low...
- The relationship between sleep disturbance and the course of anxiety disorders in primary care patientsBrook A Marcks
Warren Alpert School of Medicine at Brown University, Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Psychiatry Res 178:487-92. 2010..The findings suggest that sleep disturbance in PTSD may have prognostic significance and may be important to address in clinical interventions...
- Health-related Quality of Life across the anxiety disorders: findings from a sample of primary care patientsCourtney Beard
Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Providence, RI 02912, USA
J Anxiety Disord 24:559-64. 2010..The current study extends previous research by showing that different anxiety disorders and comorbid conditions may be associated with impairment in specific domains of HR-QoL...
- Characteristics and predictors of social phobia course in a longitudinal study of primary-care patientsCourtney Beard
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Depress Anxiety 27:839-45. 2010..To date, few researchers have examined the natural course of SP in primary care. We examined the natural course and predictors of recovery in a large sample of primary-care patients...
- Psychiatric treatment received by primary care patients with panic disorder with and without agoraphobiaBrook A Marcks
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Box G BH, Duncan Bldg, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Psychiatr Serv 60:823-30. 2009....
- Adapted behavior therapy for persistently depressed primary care patients: an open trialLisa A Uebelacker
Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and Butler Hospital, Providence, RI 02906, USA
Behav Modif 33:374-95. 2009..These results highlight the acceptability and feasibility of adapting behavior therapy for primary care, and support the continuation of this research...
- Do panic symptoms during periods of remission predict relapse of panic disorder?Risa B Weisberg
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, 02912, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 190:190-7. 2002..Thus, although panic symptoms during remission may indicate an increased risk of subsequent relapse, the absence of symptoms during remission does not indicate that relapse is unlikely...
- Clinical features of body dysmorphic disorder in adolescents and adultsKatharine A Phillips
Butler Hospital, 345 Blackstone Blvd, Providence, RI 02906, USA
Psychiatry Res 141:305-14. 2006..Thus, adolescents with BDD have high levels of distress and rates of functional impairment, suicidal ideation, and suicide attempts. BDD's clinical features in adolescents appear largely similar to those in adults...
- Suicidal ideation and suicide attempts in body dysmorphic disorderKatharine A Phillips
Butler Hospital, Providence, RI 02906, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 66:717-25. 2005..Because suicidality in body dys-morphic disorder (BDD) has received little investigation, this study examined rates, correlates, predictors, and other aspects of suicidal ideation and suicide attempts in this disorder...
- Influence of psychiatric comorbidity on recovery and recurrence in generalized anxiety disorder, social phobia, and panic disorder: a 12-year prospective studySteven E Bruce
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Brown University, RI 02906, USA
Am J Psychiatry 162:1179-87. 2005....
- Body dysmorphic disorder and social phobia: cross-sectional and prospective dataMeredith E Coles
Department of Psychology, Binghamton University, Binghamton, New York 13902 6000, USA
Depress Anxiety 23:26-33. 2006..64, P = .18). In summary, these findings, including elevated rates of SP in patients with BDD, highlight a need for additional research on the relationship between BDD and SP...
- Screening and treatment of anxiety disorders in pregnant and lactating womenRisa B Weisberg
Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Womens Health Issues 12:32-6. 2002..In this article, suggestions are offered for thorough assessment of anxiety disorders in pregnant and breastfeeding women. Treatment options are discussed with an emphasis on pharmacologic and cognitive-behavioral treatment...
- Determinants of sexual arousal and accuracy of its self-estimation in sexually functional malesPedro J Nobre
Boston University, Boston, MA, USA
J Sex Res 41:363-71. 2004..Pre-existing sexual attitudes as well as variations in self-focused attention and interoceptive awareness evidenced little effect on sexual arousal or the accuracy of its estimation...
- Cognitive-behavioral Treatment of Anxiety/ Primary CareRisa Weisberg; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..